Dark Side of Kampot

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Dark Side of Kampot

Post by John Bingham »

If there was any reason to believe the story was true she would have received the due support. There was no reason to believe any of it. You turn up six months later blathering on about how anyone who doesn't buy this story must be complicit? Get a grip. It's hysterical nonsense.
This story is about a group of junkie foreign boys in a Hostel. During my time there, they kept me drugged through spiking everything; my food, drink, coffee, water- using the worst drug to make me horny and unknowingly addicted. They gave me an overdose that nearly killed me. I was lucky and managed to escape, but on my escape I have found some truths about unexplained mysteries. If you read this story you will see what humans are capable of. These kinds of people make me sick. This is not how the world should work!
Who could read this and not just see it as a totally ridiculous rant? I don't work in tourism but can assure you that any claims of rape or sexual abuse are taken very seriously by the authorities and ordinary civilians such as ourselves. None of us has anything to gain by covering up such offenses. A huge number of tourists visit these resorts every year and it is in the business owner's interest to make sure the guests have a comfortable stay. How come nobody else has reported this ring of foreign junkies who drug naive backpackers? Is it perhaps because it sounds like psychotic ravings?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Bcysblues »

Halt and catch fire.
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Bcysblues »

Shame
Halt and catch fire.
Feelgood
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Feelgood »

I believed all she said. It was not rambling but lucid, purposeful and full of the pain and suffering those scumbags inflicted on her.

I always thought the deaths of those two innocent girls didn't add up but now I see that the symptoms the German girl suffered of Crystal meth poisoning were the same. Some scumbag spiked the food and drink of the oh so young, innocent British and Canadian girls with the deadly Crystal Meth drug and they died from it.

Murder and rape ain't gonna go away so get used to it all those involved. Look what is coming around the corner!
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Will be changing my holiday plans, staying away from Kampot as it’s too dangerous. That website was a real eye opener.
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Bcysblues »

I still think kampot is a beatiful place to visit. I don't think that people should be scared of visiting because of atories lile this. I am from Norway, bit this shit happens there to. It's all over tge world. Which is why ot os really important that we liaten to each other and try to take care of each other when it surfaces like in this case. I did not intend to slander kampot. Just rape and people who ingage in victim blaming. The forum seemd to be building up on those rape culture symptoms i shared a link about, making sexist jokes mocking the victim and putting the blame on her which I think is really bad. I have seen a lot and I talk about what I have seen wherever I go, and now I feel like I want to emphasize the fact that I have never picked up these kind off tendencies from the khmer people, quite the opposite you will find they are very understanding and helpfull and incredibly nice and sweet. The problem if there is a problem that you will not find everywhere else I am sorry to say whould be the white people coming to exploit the poverty. If reading this makes you not want to visot cambodia I find that very sad actually because you'd me missing out. I just typically avoid the party scenes and mostly stick to the locals, this way I am always fine, and I have no problem travelling alone as a woman. Speaking from personal experience I guess this forum is not the first place I whould look for help but much rather with the locals. They always take goid care of foreigners and meeting them is the main best reason to go there. This shit just happens everywhere. Avoid the party drugs places, you should be fine. They are wherever tourism os big so don't blame cambodia. Blame the guys responsible. They where not even locals in this case. I think she mentions australian and eiropean people, and they are the once to blame. They should be in prison though.
Halt and catch fire.
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Bcysblues »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:39 pm If there was any reason to believe the story was true she would have received the due support. There was no reason to believe any of it. You turn up six months later blathering on about how anyone who doesn't buy this story must be complicit? Get a grip. It's hysterical nonsense.
This story is about a group of junkie foreign boys in a Hostel. During my time there, they kept me drugged through spiking everything; my food, drink, coffee, water- using the worst drug to make me horny and unknowingly addicted. They gave me an overdose that nearly killed me. I was lucky and managed to escape, but on my escape I have found some truths about unexplained mysteries. If you read this story you will see what humans are capable of. These kinds of people make me sick. This is not how the world should work!
Who could read this and not just see it as a totally ridiculous rant? I don't work in tourism but can assure you that any claims of rape or sexual abuse are taken very seriously by the authorities and ordinary civilians such as ourselves. None of us has anything to gain by covering up such offenses. A huge number of tourists visit these resorts every year and it is in the business owner's interest to make sure the guests have a comfortable stay. How come nobody else has reported this ring of foreign junkies who drug naive backpackers? Is it perhaps because it sounds like psychotic ravings?
Do you belive unreported rapes even happens? You talk lile you cannot get yourself to belive a hostelmanager on drugs is not able to do this and get away with it. Wow. You must teally not know what is out there. This article os probably good for you. You should spend an entire day reading similar stories on tje internet. Might be educational.
Halt and catch fire.
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Bcysblues »

Wtf is up with that rape is best picture? More than 1000 words huh?
Halt and catch fire.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

OK B-blues,
You have abused and insulted us, and made some totally untrue character readings.
All entirely on the basis that you believe this story and ipso dipso facto we are evil to disbelieve or ignore it.

May i ask you to detail the basis on which you make the following quoted claim, please?
Bcysblues wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:51 pm this certainly has been proven.
Thanks in advance
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:11 am All entirely on the basis that you believe this story and ipso dipso facto we are evil to disbelieve or ignore it.
Unless she’s the victim.

Speculations aside, getting raped on LSD would be extremely traumatizing and seriously fuck a person up. If I was raped on LSD I think posting links and insulting people who disbelieved me would be far from my craziest characteristics. Crazier things could be imagining being followed to other countries, and other details people have dissected here.

You’re assuming a person under the influence of powerful psychedelic drugs would maintain sanity. She may legit be psychotic and not know the full details.
Locked Previous topicNext topic