Dark Side of Kampot

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Dark Side of Kampot

Post by John Bingham »

Get off the pipe man.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Bcysblues wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:42 pm
IraHayes wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:27 am OMG... i never realised that people who take drugs sometimes lose their inhibitions and have sex. And young backpackers hooking up for casual sex at parties!! Lord what is the world coming to.

As the saying goes... "I've never gone to bed with a pig, but I've woken up with a few"
Sure this applies to both men and women!
As does..
"I'm gonna shag it.. not marry it"
She said she was spiked. It's not sex if they spike you. It's rape. What's wrong with you just mocking her for no reason. Give uss a proper contribution if you want uss to give you our time. Mocking is just uncool even in kindergarden.
And people tend to say all sorts of stuff.... doesn't make it true.
To quote Clinton:
I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Bcysblues »

IraHayes wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:06 pm
Bcysblues wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:42 pm
IraHayes wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:27 am OMG... i never realised that people who take drugs sometimes lose their inhibitions and have sex. And young backpackers hooking up for casual sex at parties!! Lord what is the world coming to.

As the saying goes... "I've never gone to bed with a pig, but I've woken up with a few"
Sure this applies to both men and women!
As does..
"I'm gonna shag it.. not marry it"
She said she was spiked. It's not sex if they spike you. It's rape. What's wrong with you just mocking her for no reason. Give uss a proper contribution if you want uss to give you our time. Mocking is just uncool even in kindergarden.
And people tend to say all sorts of stuff.... doesn't make it true.
To quote Clinton:
I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
You mo king it don't make it umtrue either. Just makes it seem more true.
Halt and catch fire.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

They are nothing more than the paranoid ramblings of someone suffering from drug-induced psychosis. No one person has come up to support her claims.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
mossie
Expatriate
Finland

Post by mossie »

I would suggest mental health evaluation. That's no mocking.
After evaluation the possible mental health problems could be ruled out, or in other case get proper help to her condition, if she has one.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

Thanks for posting the blog. I found it very informative with lots of details. Some of the material cant be just talked away as some here on the board seem to wish.

Reading the blog I was amazed by the limited geography of some backpackers. Going from Kampot either to Kep, not much of a different place, or to the Island would have never occurred to me. I also read with disbelieve that one would go back to Kampot, of all places, and then stay, again of all places, in Monkey Republic... In my view, the young lady was moving from one MacDonald's outlet to another. How uninformed can one be? No google?

Any Cambodian guesthouse would have been a much better choice. I avoid(ed) those places when in Kampot religiously and had my coffee at nice Cambodian places where could observe the zoo passing by. I hope that the detailed info on the party place will result in a healthy pay down for a new police officer's car. Little bit more scratching the surface will result in more data, no doubt.

For my it is astonishing how much this crowd stays within in its own closed circles that do include criminals as well as their lack of minimal street smartness. As for the criminals this is not my conclusion but a fact confirmed by Cambodia authorities who have banned Rebels members from entering the country (and hopefully from extending their visas as well). That flagging had a reason that even local money could not make go away. We also know about hostel staff in Kampot that was/is wanted with warrants for violent crimes.

Perhaps the lady will do her bookings in the future over a website for the first night, if at all and then pay cash. Surrendering her cc details to a hostel is somewhat risky to say the least. Pre-booking a bus and probably that through a hostel is also not a smart move. Just walk up and sit down. People could take a simple look at the referrals of a hostel to see how extended the owner's network is in the open and probably more beyond that. At least the lady was smart enough to avoid Kampot and other Cambodian police. Her embassy could have helped her with referencing a decent doctor (again, who would seriously think about a Kampot hospital?) and lab. As for the legal side, she has some good stuff on that French lady and turn her return to France into a somewhat other event than expected.

Again thanks to the OP for this interesting inside into this secluded scene. It seems that many recreational drug users from Europe should not be fooled by lower prices in Cambodia. The differences go far beyond that and especially for women.
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Bcysblues »

Well you don't solve a rape case by asking the contestants to confirm it that's for sute. Her friend Jens seems to have made an appearance but it shouldn't matter. Mostly I am shocked at how most of you meet a young lady saying she has been through su h a trauma. Those of you slammumg her and attacking her. It's faacinating how rape always makes the bullies up amd attacking the victim. Its not uncommon anywhere in the world. Still makes you just stupid and mean. Asking questions is what you should be doing. Stupid assholes. She may not be able to prove her story but this certainly has been proven.
Halt and catch fire.
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Bcysblues »

Pizzalover wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:14 pm Thanks for posting the blog. I found it very informative with lots of details. Some of the material cant be just talked away as some here on the board seem to wish.

Reading the blog I was amazed by the limited geography of some backpackers. Going from Kampot either to Kep, not much of a different place, or to the Island would have never occurred to me. I also read with disbelieve that one would go back to Kampot, of all places, and then stay, again of all places, in Monkey Republic... In my view, the young lady was moving from one MacDonald's outlet to another. How uninformed can one be? No google?

Any Cambodian guesthouse would have been a much better choice. I avoid(ed) those places when in Kampot religiously and had my coffee at nice Cambodian places where could observe the zoo passing by. I hope that the detailed info on the party place will result in a healthy pay down for a new police officer's car. Little bit more scratching the surface will result in more data, no doubt.

For my it is astonishing how much this crowd stays within in its own closed circles that do include criminals as well as their lack of minimal street smartness. As for the criminals this is not my conclusion but a fact confirmed by Cambodia authorities who have banned Rebels members from entering the country (and hopefully from extending their visas as well). That flagging had a reason that even local money could not make go away. We also know about hostel staff in Kampot that was/is wanted with warrants for violent crimes.

Perhaps the lady will do her bookings in the future over a website for the first night, if at all and then pay cash. Surrendering her cc details to a hostel is somewhat risky to say the least. Pre-booking a bus and probably that through a hostel is also not a smart move. Just walk up and sit down. People could take a simple look at the referrals of a hostel to see how extended the owner's network is in the open and probably more beyond that. At least the lady was smart enough to avoid Kampot and other Cambodian police. Her embassy could have helped her with referencing a decent doctor (again, who would seriously think about a Kampot hospital?) and lab. As for the legal side, she has some good stuff on that French lady and turn her return to France into a somewhat other event than expected.

Again thanks to the OP for this interesting inside into this secluded scene. It seems that many recreational drug users from Europe should not be fooled by lower prices in Cambodia. The differences go far beyond that and especially for women.
And wtf are you? The moral shame police for rape victims. She could have she should have, and you don't say it flat out but you are getting at this was her fault for beeing more naive than you knowing the country whould have?
Halt and catch fire.
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Bcysblues »

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_blaming Now you can all read this. And shame on you.
Halt and catch fire.
Bcysblues
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Bcysblues »

Pizzalover wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:14 pm Thanks for posting the blog. I found it very informative with lots of details. Some of the material cant be just talked away as some here on the board seem to wish.

Pizzalover huh.Any knowledge of the pizzagate conspiracy? What do you suspect whould have happend had she gone to the police?
Halt and catch fire.
Locked Previous topicNext topic