Barang Claims He Was Scammed by Khmerican Owner of Hometown Hangout in Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Barang Claims He Was Scammed by Khmerican Owner of Hometown Hangout in Phnom Penh

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

From social media:

This Khmer-American guy who's name is Nee Thar (a.k.a Chay) is a cheating liar thief scammer !
The renovation of the Hometown Hangout money comes from me. Many promises from him to pay me back but no payment since January 19th this year. No replies to all messages sent to him. He blocked me in Facebook and calls. I helped him for he has nothing back then but instead he give threats to send guys to kill not just me but my girlfriend too.
This guy is a bad person. I trusted him and I trusted a wrong Khmer guy. if you support Hometown Hangout then you also support this thief.

ImageImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Barang Claims He Was Scammed by Khmerican Owner of Hometown Hangout in Phnom Penh

Post by BklynBoy »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:55 am From social media:

This Khmer-American guy who's name is Nee Thar (a.k.a Chay) is a cheating liar thief scammer !
The renovation of the Hometown Hangout money comes from me. Many promises from him to pay me back but no payment since January 19th this year. No replies to all messages sent to him. He blocked me in Facebook and calls. I helped him for he has nothing back then but instead he give threats to send guys to kill not just me but my girlfriend too.
This guy is a bad person. I trusted him and I trusted a wrong Khmer guy. if you support Hometown Hangout then you also support this thief.

ImageImageImage

Unsure of this situation but all my interactions w/ the owner of Hometown has been cool. I like the dude..
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Re: Barang Claims He Was Scammed by Khmerican Owner of Hometown Hangout in Phnom Penh

Post by SINUS »

BklynBoy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:07 am

Unsure of this situation but all my interactions w/ the owner of Hometown has been cool. I like the dude..
maybe until he deceived you? :)
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

SINUS wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:23 am
BklynBoy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:07 am

maybe until he deceived you? :)
Are you the person who loaned him the money?.. If its true, it's an unfortunate situation> i reached out to mutual friends to see what this is about and how real it is. A few years back someone asked me to loan them money to fix their business.. I told the person that i am on vacation and don't have money to loan like that. I have gotten fucked over by a few people by loaning money too. It is super frustrating on many fronts

Because I know the dude, I am unsure how true this is.. It doesn't mean it isn't but holding off til i get more info.

but you have a point. I would be pissed the fuck off if happened to me
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

Well that is fantastic that you know the dude. Perhaps you can reach out to that dude and have that dude pay back the dude that loaned the money. All debts must be repaid. Thank you for your help.
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

I'm sure he is a real likeable fellow, otherwise the person wouldn't have loaned him the cash.
If they cannot save money to do it themselves, I know they can't pay me back.
Still here, in country...
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

There's a quote that goes something like 'Don't lend money to a friend unless you're prepared to lose both.'
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Captain wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:27 am Well that is fantastic that you know the dude. Perhaps you can reach out to that dude and have that dude pay back the dude that loaned the money. All debts must be repaid. Thank you for your help.
in process of that now-- for clarity we aren't best friends and doubt would have any pull but am trying to find out
On other hand, who says this dude is telling the truth?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

BklynBoy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:59 am
Captain wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:27 am Well that is fantastic that you know the dude. Perhaps you can reach out to that dude and have that dude pay back the dude that loaned the money. All debts must be repaid. Thank you for your help.
in process of that now-- for clarity we aren't best friends and doubt would have any pull but am trying to find out
On other hand, who says this dude is telling the truth?
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Man deported for felony offence turns out to be untrustworthy shocker.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic