David Fletcher Denied a Retrial in Cambodian Rape Case

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Informant
Tourist
Cambodia

Re: David Fletcher DEATH

Post by Informant »

David Fletcher Died in Siem Reap Provincial Prison yesterday morning 23rd March 2020
This has been Verified
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Re: David Fletcher Denied a Retrial in Cambodian Rape Case

Post by Captain Bonez »

:beer3:
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: David Fletcher DEATH

Post by phuketrichard »

Informant wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:58 pm David Fletcher Died in Siem Reap Provincial Prison yesterday morning 23rd March 2020
This has been Verified
wow,
He died a bitter old man in a terrible place

I seconded this;
"End of story. Lock this thread and let's move on."
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
PrisonsManager
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by PrisonsManager »

Irrespective of what he was convicted of, he died due to lack of timely response to a health emergency. This could have happened to any other prisoner
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

I certainly played a part in Fletchs downfall. Stewie fixed him up because Fletch was chasing his GF.
KIR really stitched him up by getting the journo and photographer to PP and dumb Fletch dobbed himself in spectacularly. He made the front page of some pommy rag on a Sunday.
Ricketson will send flowers no doubt. Is Shane in jail or out. He was Fletchs henchman but wasn’t a bad bloke. Apart from throwing Navee down the stairs when she finally got away. I saw her last year in that shit street with the Fox2. She was looking old and drunk in the mid afternoon.
Poor girl. Anyone seen her around?
Sweet Lemon
Expatriate

Post by Sweet Lemon »

Duncan wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:56 pm End of story. Lock this thread and let's move on.
Why? Why can't we discuss a convicted child sex offender dying in prison?
Remembermefletch
Tourist

Post by Remembermefletch »

God knows why, but I googled fletcher tonight. I’m pleased he’s dead. I was the 15 year old girl he was found guilty of raping in the U.K....I’m in my 40’s now, this man destroyed my life, my family’s life. I hope he rots in hell if a place like that even exists. My eternal thanks for all the people who put him behind the bars in Cambodia. He was a predatory paedophile. Don’t be fooled into thinking anything differently about him.
magicmike
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by magicmike »

Sorry to hear that, I had met the guy a couple of times and found him to be a very arrogant shithead.Was Shane around at that time? I know they had known each other for many years and even bought a house together
Remembermefletch
Tourist

Post by Remembermefletch »

Yes he was. And a guy called Malcolm. All were from Saffron Walden in Essex
magicmike
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by magicmike »

When the story came out about dirty Fletcher Shane denied all knowledge of his past. Turns out he's a liar
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic