David Fletcher Denied a Retrial in Cambodian Rape Case

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
keeping_it_riel
Expatriate
Nigeria

Re: David Fletcher Denied a Retrial in Cambodian Rape Case

Post by keeping_it_riel »

takeoman wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:
keeping_it_riel wrote: We also see Scobiez's own agenda (or that of his fat puppetmaster) in attempting to entice Ricktson onto K440 for the purpose of outing me. Subtle, they aint.
You surely do see the comedy in complaining about people potentially "outing" your real identity when you have a link in your signature attached to your screename that goes to a twitter page which reveals your real identity, right?
Didn't the Pirate Bay fellows defense counsel also out dear old KiR over the hatchet job he did on that ex friend? :hattip:
This is the piece that was quoted from at the trial. How is it a hatchet job? Believe me, I kept my a lot of secrets to myself when it came to that particular story. And by a lot...I mean a lot.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012 ... justice/2/

RE Ricketson, I've been told that this matter is now going to court as a criminal defamation case with Ricketson as the defendant. As a result, I shall say no more on the subject or engage further in any way with Taco-man.
takeoman
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by takeoman »

keeping_it_riel wrote:
takeoman wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:
keeping_it_riel wrote: We also see Scobiez's own agenda (or that of his fat puppetmaster) in attempting to entice Ricktson onto K440 for the purpose of outing me. Subtle, they aint.
You surely do see the comedy in complaining about people potentially "outing" your real identity when you have a link in your signature attached to your screename that goes to a twitter page which reveals your real identity, right?
Didn't the Pirate Bay fellows defense counsel also out dear old KiR over the hatchet job he did on that ex friend? :hattip:
This is the piece that was quoted from at the trial. How is it a hatchet job? Believe me, I kept my a lot of secrets to myself when it came to that particular story. And by a lot...I mean a lot.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2012 ... justice/2/

RE Ricketson, I've been told that this matter is now going to court as a criminal defamation case with Ricketson as the defendant. As a result, I shall say no more on the subject or engage further in any way with Taco-man.[/quote

Well you'll be well and truly outed, to the handful of people who don't already know your identity, when that case gets reported in the press You might even get to testify, and finally show which one of your stories is the true one. Am puzzled why you want to involve dear old (Taco) Bill in our little chats. :hattip:
ps not really I know it was an infantile attempt at humour.
The most boring man in the World. Ever!
bendix
Expatriate

Post by bendix »

keeping_it_riel wrote:
He'd previously hinted that this rule did not apply to ex-members, for example me, who'd he'd barred the weekend before at the behest of his fat friend who's still furious that he didn't get 25% from the sale of K440.
Playboy had nothing whatsoever to do with you being banned. As much as he would like it to have been his idea, sadly I claim full credit.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

keeping_it_riel wrote:
OrangeDragon wrote:
Sure OD, but that's my choice rather than the vindictive action of others.
Right... but you've made it. The genie is out of the bottle. Getting mad about others then referencing it seem silly and petty.

At this point, outing your real identity is the equivalent of outing Eddie Izzard as a cross dresser. (Sorry Eddie.)
keeping_it_riel
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by keeping_it_riel »

bendix wrote:
keeping_it_riel wrote:
He'd previously hinted that this rule did not apply to ex-members, for example me, who'd he'd barred the weekend before at the behest of his fat friend who's still furious that he didn't get 25% from the sale of K440.
Playboy had nothing whatsoever to do with you being banned. As much as he would like it to have been his idea, sadly I claim full credit.
Yup, you barred someone who had done over a decade of work building your business into the success it is and who had supported your offer against a higher bid. You barred a decade-long contributor for no reason whatsoever after all your weasel words during the sales process.

Good luck getting Sambo to help out next time you have any tech problems btw. I think you'll find you're on your own now.

And I guarantee you'll enjoy an article I'm knocking out this weekend on how to build and sell a website in Cambodia.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

According to James Ricketson, who says David Fletcher will commit suicide within 2 weeks.....

David Fletcher has, this past week, been saying his farewells to friends who have stood beside him. Here is part of one such farewell:

Many Thanks for your kind thoughts. I have the greatest respect for you as you know, in my language you walk the walk, in my book that takes a real man.

You have succeeded where I failed, and I admire your guts to go on and do the right thing.

I am not giving up just because of these ignorant plebs, but the two main reasons, is not just of being able to carry on helping those poor children, but the loss of my Khmer wife.

I was hit very hard by this and has been a terrible load to carry these years. The love from the children got me over this, but without both for four and half years has been too much to bear.

In my past I have been able to stand up and fight my enemy, but I am not able to do that now because I am vegitating in hell. So now there is only one option.

You were so right one day when you said you thought there was two sides to me, but both those sides, good or bad, have their honor and code.

Here I have no honour or code, and the animals around me live on a different planet to me.

I have taken the pain, as I feel is my honour to do so, but now is enough, these neanderthals are having no more of my life.

I wish to die with dignity and on my own terms, with my finger in the air to them and go to sleep thinking of my Khmer wife and those wonderful children.

I intend to get dressed in my own clothes and die with my boots on, my mother always said that i would, as always she was right.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Soi Dog
Expatriate

Post by Soi Dog »

He makes himself out to be quite the martyr there.
Garry.Crabtree
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by Garry.Crabtree »

If I gave a shit about Fletchers upcoming death, then Ricketson would be the first person I'd give it to.
According to the proverb: The pun is mightier than the sword
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

We've heard a report that David Fletcher died yesterday in prison in Siem Reap, Cambodia.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

End of story. Lock this thread and let's move on.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic