Turkish Man TOKEL HALIM Arrested after Attacking Two Men in Siem Reap

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Turkish Man TOKEL HALIM Arrested after Attacking Two Men in Siem Reap

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News (Siem Reap): On June 13, 2019, a 54 year old Turkish national without a passportl, TOKEL HALIM, was arrested after attacking two men causing injury, in a rented house, Vihear Chen Village, Sangkat Svay Dongkom, Siem Reap.
The victims were identified as AHMET AUCI, a 46-year-old Turkish bread seller with no passport, and So Visal, 38-year-old Cambodian motordup driver. On June 11, at 11:30 pm, the suspect attacked the two victims with a large piece of wood, causing them to get seriously injured. The Turkish victim, AHMET AUCI, was sent to Calmette hospital in Phnom Penh. No motive is given for the attack, but the men are believed to have been drinking.
The Cambodian victim,So Visal
The police are preparing the case of the suspect which will be submitted to court.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Turkish Man TOKEL HALIM Arrested after Attacking Two Men in Siem Reap

Post by hanno »

If he has no passport then how did they manage to show a photo of his passport. Turks tend to be like a lit fuse in my experience, doesn’t take much to set them off.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

hanno wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:43 pm If he has no passport then how did they manage to show a photo of his passport. Turks tend to be like a lit fuse in my experience, doesn’t take much to set them off.
It's a photo of his Turkish Identity Card, not his passport.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Admiral
Tourist
Austria

Post by Admiral »

hanno wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:43 pm If he has no passport then how did they manage to show a photo of his passport. Turks tend to be like a lit fuse in my experience, doesn’t take much to set them off.
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:51 pm
It's a photo of his Turkish Identity Card, not his passport.
Ein Passport hat er auch, da Ich mit Ihm damals Visum für Kambodscha beantragt habe.Bei meiner Urlaub für 2 Monate habe Ich ihn kennengelernt, eigentlich ein guter Kerl , wir haben sogar 2 Kambodschanische Geschwister in die Schule einschreiben lassen und das Jahresgeld bezahlt. Die armen kinder hat er Burger / Hühner Sandwich umsonst verteilt.

[Mod edit: google translate below]

He also has a passport because I applied for a visa for Cambodia with him. During my vacation for 2 months, I got to know him, actually a good guy, we even had 2 Cambodian siblings enrolled in school and paid the annual allowance. The poor kids he has distributed free burger / chicken sandwich.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic