Convert a E visa original into a E B visa or working visa.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Gerard
Tourist
Great Britain

Convert a E visa original into a E B visa or working visa.

Post by Gerard »

:wave: Hello and good morning. Can anyone recommend a travel agent or business for me to take my passport and get the correct visa for working. It will need to be in siem reap area. Cost and what ever other paperwork I would need. Thank you very much for your time.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Convert a E visa original into a E B visa or working visa.

Post by Kammekor »

Gerard wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:26 am :wave: Hello and good morning. Can anyone recommend a travel agent or business for me to take my passport and get the correct visa for working. It will need to be in siem reap area. Cost and what ever other paperwork I would need. Thank you very much for your time.
An E-visa (not e-visa, which is en electronic tourist visa) can be extended to an EB visa if you have the correct paperwork and money. Price about 160 / 290 for 6m / 1Y.

edit:
paperwork: valid E-visa, photos and proof of work (letter from your employer).
Gerard
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Gerard »

:thumb: Thank you very much for your help. Do you know where i could go to do this. Any where in the siem reap area.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Gerard wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:39 am :thumb: Thank you very much for your help. Do you know where i could go to do this. Any where in the siem reap area.
Sorry, not familiar enough with SR, but I'm sure someone else will come up with a name.
Gerard
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Gerard »

Ok thank you for your time. :thumb:
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Do you have a job or own a business? One or the other are required to obtain a 6 or 12 mth EB (business) EOS (Extension of Stay).

If employee, you will need an official stamped letter of employment from your employer as supporting documentation.

If business owner you will need to provide your business license and tax patent, as well as an official letter of employment (from yourself as the business owner) as supporting documentation.

Any visa agent in SR will be able to facilitate your application.

Once you receive your EB EOS you will then need to apply for your Work Permit from the MoLVT via the online application portal.

If you don't have employment or own a business, then you will not be able to apply for an EB EOS, your best bet then is to apply for a 1, 3 or 6 month EG (General) EOS, this EOS is specifically designed for people seeking employment or business opportunities and requires no supporting documentation.
Gerard
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Gerard »

:beer: Thank you very much for all your information. Very helpful indeed. Yes i have been offered a teaching job which up till now I will be starting some time in august. So all being well I will follow your information. And take it one step at a time. Thank you once again much appreciated.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic