Missionary Games at the Poipet Border Crossing

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Missionary Games at the Poipet Border Crossing

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News (Poipet): A foreign man named as URIAH LYFORD, manager of the University of the Nations in Poipet, has posted his argument with a man pretending to be a police officer at Poipet border, Banteay Meanchey. This has been picked up by Khmer media. University of the Nations is a Christian organization whose mission is to bring people all over the world to Jesus Christ.

According to the video, the foreign man said, " actually, I am not a tourist, and that man isn't a police officer. He works for a private company which scams tourists. The Cambodian man lied to me that he was a police officer to threaten me, but he wasn't a police officer; he worked for a local company. Finally, the local people said that the company is always scamming tourists to get money from them."

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Re: Missionary Games at the Poipet Border Crossing

Post by Phnom Poon »

Yet another westerner in Asia with a God complex?
The title excited me briefly, since 'missionary' is clearly something that can be developed further . . .

monstra mihi bona!
Splashback
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Splashback »

I've seen him around for a year or so. I'll hold off on my anti-missionary rant. Fair play to him for calling out some bullshit. He couldn't do this if he didn't speak the language. This looks like good work to me :ugeek: .
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I've only gone through that border once but on the way to Thailand in 2000 so didn't notice anything untoward. I heard of that fake police hut/ visa scam since then and it's ridiculous that it still goes on. What the hell kind of way is that to run things? How many millions have been lost because tourists' first impressions were of being scammed? It wouldn't surprise me if a whole lot of visitors have just turned around and exited as soon as possible without spending another red cent here?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

https://uofnpoipet.com/

Uriah and his friend featured on a CEO News thread last year, when two American women were robbed while sleeping in Uriah's room in Poipet : newsworthy/two-american-women-sleep-thr ... 18725.html
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

my hunch those girls are getting hit on by these types big time
thru shit to more shit
simon43
Expatriate
Laos

Post by simon43 »

I wanted to 'meet the team' on their website, but they only left a cryptic message on their webpage: :)

[amoteam max=”50″ categories=”” item-width=”250″ item-margin=”20″ full-width=”yes” panel=”right” orderby=”asc”]
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

I'd like the one in the red & white checked shirt to convert me.
You could be next.
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

7 guys & 10 gals in that pic

there will be a lot of converting going on there :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent:
thru shit to more shit
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

markd wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:55 am 7 guys & 10 gals in that pic

there will be a lot of cavorting going on there :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent: :silent:
FTFY
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic