Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Sentenced)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Sentenced)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News, Phnom Penh: A gruesome sight of washed up limbs appeared on riverside in Phnom Penh's Daun Penh district this morning. Passers-by first noticed a hand and then a foot on the riverbank at around 11:20 am on June 9, 2019. Other body parts are being discovered, and police are investigating.
The identity of the deceased is not yet known, or even whether the corpse is male or female. Further details will be released later.
Further photos from Khmer news outlets on the darknet forum.

UPDATE: Image

Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): On June 11, 2019, the Royal Gendarmerie arrested a woman aged about 40-year-old, named Sin Da, who killed her friend by cutting her body into pieces, and throwing them into the river on June 03, 2019. The victim was identified as Kim Yaneang, a 40-year-old hairdresser. And the woman arrested has been identified as the owner of the Tex-Mex restaurant called Alamo Cafe in Phnom Penh.

The suspect

After the arrest, the suspect showed the police where she took the body parts to throw in the river. The police are at present questioning the suspect at Phnom Penh Royal Gendarmerie.

According to the victim's daughter, on June 02, 2019, her mother went to visit her friend's house in Psar Kandal area. After that, she took her friend's son aged about 7-year-old sleep at her home in Sangkat Toul Sangke. Until 09 am, on June 03, she took the kid back to his house.
Then, the victim, who was carrying some money and some jewelry, went missing. The kid said after she dropped him off, she drove the motorbike to the south, but he didn't know where she was going.

The victim

The victim's daughter went to file the complaint at Chey Chumneas police station. She also posted that her mother was missing on social media, together with her phone number for anyone to contact her with news.

Finally, police arrested the suspect, who is reported to be a close friend of the victim, this morning.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
YeP
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Body Parts Washing Up on Riverside

Post by YeP »

Speculation is that its the missing Lotto lady from Kandal Market
She has been missing for 6 days and was rumoured to carry large sums of cash
AzalKH
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AzalKH »

YeP wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:07 am Speculation is that its the missing Lotto lady from Kandal Market
She has been missing for 6 days and was rumoured to carry large sums of cash
My wife just told me that it is indeed the missing woman from Kandal market, she leaves behind a 17 year old daughter, was a widow herself. Apparently the murderer was a female friend of the victim, at this stage unclear what the motive was, but it was brutal - the murderer completely dismantled her body and seemingly had some of the body parts in her refrigerator.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News (Phnom Penh): On June 11, 2019, the Royal Gendarmerie arrested a woman aged about 40-year-old, named Sin Da, who killed her friend by cutting her body into pieces, and throwing them into the river on June 03, 2019. The victim was identified as Kim Yaneang, a 40-year-old hairdresser. And the woman arrested has been identified as the owner of the Tex-Mex restaurant called Alamo Cafe in Phnom Penh.

The suspect

After the arrest, the suspect showed the police where she took the body parts to throw in the river. The police are at present questioning the suspect at Phnom Penh Royal Gendarmerie.

According to the victim's daughter, on June 02, 2019, her mother went to visit her friend's house in Psar Kandal area. After that, she took her friend's son aged about 7-year-old sleep at her home in Sangkat Toul Sangke. Until 09 am, on June 03, she took the kid back to his house.
Then, the victim, who was carrying some money and some jewelry, went missing. The kid said after she dropped him off, she drove the motorbike to the south, but he didn't know where she was going.

The victim

The victim's daughter went to file the complaint at Chey Chumneas police station. She also posted that her mother was missing on social media, together with her phone number for anyone to contact her with news.

Finally, police arrested the suspect, who is reported to be a close friend of the victim, this morning.

Last edited by CEOCambodiaNews on Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Andrew Nasia
Tourist

Post by Andrew Nasia »

Holy shit, is it just me or is that the owner of Alamo Cafe?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It is, that's fucking crazy.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Anybody eaten there recently?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I thought Alamo was owned by a foreigner? Any way, glad I don't eat there
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:13 pm I thought Alamo was owned by a foreigner? Any way, glad I don't eat there
As far as I know, her husband only helps promote the place, but that's it.

It sounds like the police have already spoken with him, and it seems he had nothing at all to do with this horrific mess. He happens to be a good friend of mine (and several others, I'm sure) for many years, and I just spoke with him very briefly to make sure he was ok, and I think he's in as much shock (ok, MORE shock) as any of us, and I really hope him and the rest of the family can get through this.

I've eaten there a few times and loved the food, and this whole thing is a total 'WTF?' scenario of the worst kind. It's headline news in the local Khmer press, so we have published it with as many facts available as of right now, but are still waiting for the police to make a public/official statement about their investigation, which, based on video footage, has been pretty thorough.

I'm really in total shock by all of this.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

OMG i ate there a couple of weeks ago and was planning on going there this Saturday!
Why? Was it for money?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic