Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:39 am
Reputation: 234
United States of America

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by angkorjohn2 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:28 pm

Cam Nivag wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:25 pm
How did she get caught?
Reports say that she went the day before with daughter to Alamo then next day went alone. Guess the daughter said on whatever day her mum had gone to Alamo and come back annoyed with no $$$ from someone who owed it. Retracing steps they went to interview and she confessed
Last edited by angkorjohn2 on Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Felgerkarb
Expatriate
Posts: 599
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:28 pm
Reputation: 375

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Felgerkarb » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:29 pm

Cam Nivag wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:25 pm
How did she get caught?
The daughter of the victim knew she was last known to visit the perp, so the cops picked her up for questioning Monday night.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
User avatar
Spigzy
Expatriate
Posts: 607
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:50 am
Reputation: 394
Great Britain

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Spigzy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:39 pm

Felgerkarb wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:11 pm
Since she was a skilled cook with pork, which human meat is like, it was easy for her.
Updated.
Snatch wrote: You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm, or any woman skilled cooking pork. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig."
:shock:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
User avatar
Felgerkarb
Expatriate
Posts: 599
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:28 pm
Reputation: 375

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Felgerkarb » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:42 pm

Spigzy wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:39 pm
Felgerkarb wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:11 pm
Since she was a skilled cook with pork, which human meat is like, it was easy for her.
Updated.
Snatch wrote: You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm, or any woman skilled cooking pork. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig."
:shock:
I don't know anything about that, I was simply quoting her own words from the confession video. The shitty reporting on this topic makes actual facts hard to come by. I am sticking to eyewitness testimony for now, from the perp, the daughter and brother of the victim for details. All the rest is just conjecture and crap at this point.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
User avatar
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Posts: 2511
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 10:17 am
Reputation: 735
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Cam Nivag » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:12 pm

Felgerkarb wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:29 pm
Cam Nivag wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:25 pm
How did she get caught?
The daughter of the victim knew she was last known to visit the perp, so the cops picked her up for questioning Monday night.
How hard is it to say "I haven't seen her" or "I saw her a few nights ago then she left and I haven't seen her since."

For someone claiming to be so smart at pulling off a murder, I'd expect her to be better at dealing with police questioning.
andy_morris
Expatriate
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:42 pm
Reputation: 57

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by andy_morris » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:14 pm

Spigzy wrote:
Felgerkarb wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:11 pm
Since she was a skilled cook with pork, which human meat is like, it was easy for her.
Updated.
Snatch wrote: You need at least sixteen pigs to finish the job in one sitting, so be wary of any man who keeps a pig farm, or any woman skilled cooking pork. They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig."
:shock:
"Goes through bone like buttah". Image
User avatar
Felgerkarb
Expatriate
Posts: 599
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:28 pm
Reputation: 375

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Felgerkarb » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:15 pm

Cam Nivag wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:12 pm
Felgerkarb wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:29 pm
Cam Nivag wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:25 pm
How did she get caught?
The daughter of the victim knew she was last known to visit the perp, so the cops picked her up for questioning Monday night.
How hard is it to say "I haven't seen her" or "I saw her a few nights ago then she left and I haven't seen her since."

For someone claiming to be so smart at pulling off a murder, I'd expect her to be better at dealing with police questioning.
The neighbor had a CCTV camera that saw her arrive at Alamo at 10ish am. Around 11 the video shows the oldest boy driving off on the victims moto. The cops had a pretty good angle to work on her. According to the daughter, she saw the video and went to the cops and told them.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
User avatar
clutchcargo
Expatriate
Posts: 2675
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:09 pm
Reputation: 1186
Cambodia

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by clutchcargo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:19 pm

It's shocking to see and hear that she's so 'matter of fact' about things, the details and so on in recounting what had happened. No apparent remorse, emotion etc. It's as though she nearly relished telling the story. Although given she's most likely a psychopath, it should not be surprising I suppose..

Can it not be discounted that she's putting on an act to come across as a crazy lady with a view to getting off on a lighter sentence due to insanity? And that face tic...did she have this before?
User avatar
Felgerkarb
Expatriate
Posts: 599
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:28 pm
Reputation: 375

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Felgerkarb » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:21 pm

clutchcargo wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:19 pm
It's shocking to see and hear that she's so 'matter of fact' about things, the details and so on in recounting what had happened. No apparent remorse, emotion etc. It's as though she nearly relished telling the story. Although given she's most likely a psychopath, it should not be surprising I suppose..

Can it not be discounted that she's putting on an act to come across as a crazy lady with a view to getting off on a lighter sentence due to insanity? And that face tic...did she have this before?
She has bad eyesight and always does that without her glasses.

There is no lighter sentence in Cambodia for mentally ill perps. A trip the Prey Sar, with all the crazies running around in there, will cure you of that idea.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
User avatar
clutchcargo
Expatriate
Posts: 2675
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:09 pm
Reputation: 1186
Cambodia

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by clutchcargo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:24 pm

Felgerkarb wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:21 pm
clutchcargo wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:19 pm
It's shocking to see and hear that she's so 'matter of fact' about things, the details and so on in recounting what had happened. No apparent remorse, emotion etc. It's as though she nearly relished telling the story. Although given she's most likely a psychopath, it should not be surprising I suppose..

Can it not be discounted that she's putting on an act to come across as a crazy lady with a view to getting off on a lighter sentence due to insanity? And that face tic...did she have this before?
She has bad eyesight and always does that without her glasses.

There is no lighter sentence in Cambodia for mentally ill perps. A trip the Prey Sar, with all the crazies running around in there, will cure you of that idea.
Ah right, I had my western hat on. Re Prey Sar- I'll take your word on that. Thks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: angkorjohn2, gargarouf, hunter8, joelightcloud, Patcan, simon43, sousadeyy and 670 guests