Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Sentenced)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:51 pm So far, some Khmer outlets such as areynews and NKDNews suggest that the woman's husband was involved, others say that he was drugged and not involved.
Ah yes, I forgot to mention that in my above post. Just to clarify: she specifically says she drugged her husband as she "needed more time to work". So she ground some pill in his drink or something (unclear) and he fell asleep. This is towards the end, the part where they hold a little round pill box. So she clearly confesses to working alone. How old is her child (from another marriage)? Such a crazy story, but she's really crazy. Cold as ice.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Felgerkarb
Expatriate

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Felgerkarb »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:56 pm Wow! I just watched that video above for you guys. A few things to note which others haven't mentioned:
--She'd initially wanted to kill her in the bathroom (with a knife), but was worried about the blood, so strangled her and the poor woman quickly collapsed. She then dragged the body to her kid's room (on the floor, as too heavy), but was worried as the kid was about to come home. She thus locked the door and as her kid came told her to go play outside. Kid has tons of stuff/toys in the room, so asked to go get something before heading back out, but mom said no, go out. The kid is smart and sort of looked at her weird, as she'd never done that before (locked her bedroom door shut). However, the kid saw mom wasn't fooling around so listened to her and went out.
-Her husband was upstairs the whole time (during the murder) and he can't hear anything from there. I didn't quite catch why, but there's an old fan or something up there that's noisy (no money to buy an AC, but he was upstairs).
-Covered the body with the frozen food so family or others wouldn't see.
-As previously mentioned, she's a textbook psychopath. She obviously shows zero remorse, but she also refers to herself as smart several times (after she froze her, the body got too hard to cut, so she lowered the thermostat to thaw her out a bit). Later on she said she was smart again, but then said "smart, but not in a good way", as she kind of glances and realizes that she's surrounded by cops...
-She used four knives to cut her up because the knives got dull so quickly. Started with the knees, then forearms and last was the head. She says it wasn't that difficult because she's good at cutting pork, and it was like cutting pork or steak. The head she didn't know how to get to it, but she thought of a chicken neck and...

Truly one of the craziest stories I've heard since I've been here, and god knows there have been many.
Yup, tracks with my second viewing of the video...difficult to watch her just blather on as if it was nothing.
===============
We are all puppets in the hands of an insane puppeteer...
--Brother Theodore
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

The freezing a body to chop it seems very studied. The chest freezer in the pictures is very small and I would be very surprised if an adult woman could easily be squeezed in there. I've read a lot of books about serial killers too and doubt very much that this woman was suddenly able to more efficiently dispose of a corpse than almost any other psychopath ever.
How old is her child (from another marriage)?
She has three young boys from a previous marriage, maybe between 7 and 14 years old. I feel pity on them, they have grown up in terrible circumstances and this incident will scar them forever. This woman's madness didn't just start when she decided to murder a money-lender, that was just the end of it.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Anchor Moy wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:31 pm
frank lee bent wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:32 pm This subject has flushed the psychopaths out from under their rocks.
It certainly makes me see some posters in a new light.
There is no place for jokes in this matter.
Not excusing the bad taste comments, but jokes can be a way of dealing with horror. More bad judgement than psychopathy IMO.

I believe the victim was a widow with two kids ? That is heart-breaking. How will they get past this ? Blows my mind.
If a Khmer not married to any expats and not known to any board admins killed someone and put her in the freezer of a Khmer restaurant, I doubt that jokes about "Don't eat the ribs there HAHA" would be deleted. Let's not get too censor-happy like the Kampot Noticeboard.

I've me the accused once or twice and of course know her husband. I very much believe the "his iced tea was drugged so as to sleep through the dismemberment" over the news articles suggesting "They did it together."
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Here's another thought. Imagine you're the expat here. Body parts of a recently murdered money lender are found in the house/restaurant your rent with your wife.

I appreciate that she has confessed she acted alone, but she's a psychopath and could change that story at any time. What if she gets the idea that implicating him can get her a better sentence?

Should he leave the country ASAP and never come back? I suppose that could leave a "cloud" over him if she does start accusing him, and I appreciate he has stepkids to consider, but fuck. I'm a selfish prick who would not do well in a Cambodian prison. Even if I were totally innocent, I'd run away now faster than Mick the Pom.
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

He's a good human being and I don't believe for one moment that he played any knowing part in this.

She clearly had help from someone, if only to lift the corpse into the freezer, but it won't have been him.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

That's a good point, the dude was barely able to lift a pizza or a laptop.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

Sad case... terrible. My kids were playing at the riverside when the body parts were being discovered.

but in my opinion, something is being left out. Even the way she speaks, almost like a hard-sell salesperson... watching and waiting to see if the point caused a reaction. So many tell-tale signs of "something's not adding up"

If I were her husband, I'd get my ass covered and get a damn decent lawyer before going to the cops. No telling how the story is going to spin based on the benefit she's going to get.

And send your kids back home so they don't have to deal with the media storm.

Another thing....

Why in the freaking world is the freezer, the knives and all the other shit are still there? Should it not be in police custody... in a controlled environment.

Horrendous how anyone is allowed to enter and walk all over the crime scene.

Tape that shit up ... and do some damn investigation.

don't just close the case based on a confession.... collaborate it with at least a bit of evidence.

Her daughter deserves that.
Last edited by ofparadise on Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

There are a few strange things here. Well, it's a very strange, gruesome case anyway, but I want to point a few things out.

The 'forensics' of the Cambodian police are totally absent, of course. I mean, which serious police investigation team would enter a crime scene with the suspected murderer to let her show them around where everything happened and how, and with the media in tow? In the process destroying any - maybe valuable - traces. By the way, anyone noticed the interesting red 'smear' on the mirror frame in the video of Fresh News when she's in the kids bedroom? (Apparently the video cannot be played anymore, don't know why.)

Another strange thing is how she is telling her story like it's a movie script. Even for total psychopaths this is a bit out of order I think. Maybe after years, but not when you've just been arrested. So, the question is: why? It's possible I'm going a bit too far, but I have the feeling she's doing this because she already knows having nothing to fear. She'll be free of her debts and spend at most a few months in prison, but the real punishment lands on someone else.

Yes, I totally agree with a previous poster here: if I were the foreigner remotely involved here, I'd be out of the country by now.
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

Oh, forgot the strangest thing: how on earth do you fit a body into that freezer? Even a child's body would be difficult to fit into that AND cover it up with 'food items' (of which there were not a lot apparently). And nobody notices? So, she was the only one looking into that freezer?
Something indeed just doesn't add up.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic