Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Sentenced)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Sentenc

Post by Clutch Cargo »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:04 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:48 pm You've slagged the guy off calling him 'hapless, obese, twat' and further, asserted 'people's opinions tend to change when it's revealed that someone is a cold-blooded murderer.' If you're going to make these new assertions then I think it's only fair that you back it up. So, are you are you going to share with us what basis you've come to make these new assertions/allegations?
Sure, I know a lot more about the pair involved than I have said. You just keep on believing whatever you like. Bye.
I don't have any preconceived notions as to his innocence or guilt. Don't know the guy and never met him. All I know is that there was no conviction against him originally hence assumed he was innocent. Now you've come to tell us that he's a cold-blooded murderer which challenges that. So you wouldn't be surprised that some members will ask what is the basis for that or what evidence you have and whether you've taken that to the authorities. As I think most members would not take it lightly anyone who throws such a serious allegation like that.

OK your answer is no, you are not going to share that information..up to you.. that's fine and your prerogative but understand that without backing your allegation, members will form their own opinions as to the credibility of the allegation. I can only hope that if you do have something, that you take it to the authorities such that they can investigate and justice be served.
sousadeyy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Sentenc

Post by sousadeyy »

Isn't it the opposite. What's the evidence that you are not an accessory to murder? A loud fan, and a confession.

I'm pretty damn sure there wasn't an effective investigation.

Will forever remain a mystery.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

So far as I am aware, he was detained briefly, questioned, released and no charges laid against him. I don’t know the guy. I have met him, only once. But I do know that after his significant other was arrested/charged/sent to prison, there were a few people who helped him out with loans per his request, and he has been, shall we say, delinquent (?) in paying back said loans as was initially agreed.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Did the people that have him money actually expect it to be paid back? If some people gave $100-200 figure it’s a lifeline from a friend more than a loan. Nobody with any sense would be loaning him cash with expectation to get it back.
sousadeyy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by sousadeyy »

I noticed that he is still supporting her. His fb cover photo features them happily together to this day. Sorry if I'm wrong here, but I did gather through the thread people have commented that he still supports her. Huge apology if my statement is wrong. But that is what I understand.

She drugged him and murdered a person in his home. And he still supports her. I find that hard to understand. It must also cost money to support her through her prison sentence. And he owes money to people? I mean if he is innocent, full sympathy to the guy. I find it weird to believe given all the evidence that people believe that he was oblivious to this. Especially since he supports her and now owes money to people he borrowed from. Borrowed from because his wife dismembered who she previously borrowed from.

Mental.
Crackers
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Crackers »

Nothing ever made sense in this drama. I posit that it is not plausible that she chopped up a body in her home while he was sleeping upstairs. That said, I have no experience in this field. I base my assertions on watching Bear Grylls dissect a rabbit. It took him a while...and was not that quiet.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:04 pm Did the people that have him money actually expect it to be paid back? If some people gave $100-200 figure it’s a lifeline from a friend more than a loan. Nobody with any sense would be loaning him cash with expectation to get it back.
It was more than $100-$200. People didn’t simply “give” money. There was an agreed repayment principal in place, per the borrower’s request. It wasn’t a lifeline. It was a loan.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Crackers wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:22 pm Nothing ever made sense in this drama. I posit that it is not plausible that she chopped up a body in her home while he was sleeping upstairs. That said, I have no experience in this field. I base my assertions on watching Bear Grylls dissect a rabbit. It took him a while...and was not that quiet.
There are a number of implausibilities, but the facts remain. Questioned, released, no charges.
sousadeyy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by sousadeyy »

Just because he was considered innocent by the cambo police, which is effectively a mafia business. Doesn't mean forum members can't pick apart details of this case.

If so, some questions if I may

Was the Restaurant open for businesses during the period of the crime? If so do we have account of anyone that visited during that period?

After reading through a thread when the restaurant was operational about the restaurant. He says he just promoted it, it looks as tho he was very involved. He never looked in the freezer for 6 days? Not a speck of blood or body parts anywhere?

The money loaned to him, are we talking a few hundred to survive? Or are we talking thousands for legal fees? A lot of people or one or two?

The kid was seen on the moto? What was the excuse given for this? Has the man questioned the kid? Does he believe everything he has been told?

Who here reckons they could dismember someone in their house without their partner noticing?

Do the people who initially lent him money still believe and stand by him? Or have they changed their mind?

Has anyone interrogated him, maybe a friend. And walked away saying. This guy is definitely telling the truth?

Am I alone thinking this is all absolutely bat sh*t crazy. Then factor in that it seems he was connected to the two Cambodian forums and they or people in the community know people who lent him money for legal fees!

Is the man still active on the forums?

And the finale. He is still living in phnom penh supporting the wife? Standing by her after she confessed to drugging him and chopping up a body over 6 days.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

sousadeyy wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:37 pm Just because he was considered innocent by the cambo police, which is effectively a mafia business. Doesn't mean forum members can't pick apart details of this case.

If so, some questions if I may

Was the Restaurant open for businesses during the period of the crime? If so do we have account of anyone that visited during that period?

After reading through a thread when the restaurant was operational about the restaurant. He says he just promoted it, it looks as tho he was very involved. He never looked in the freezer for 6 days? Not a speck of blood or body parts anywhere?

The money loaned to him, are we talking a few hundred to survive? Or are we talking thousands for legal fees? A lot of people or one or two?

The kid was seen on the moto? What was the excuse given for this? Has the man questioned the kid? Does he believe everything he has been told?

Who here reckons they could dismember someone in their house without their partner noticing?

Do the people who initially lent him money still believe and stand by him? Or have they changed their mind?

Has anyone interrogated him, maybe a friend. And walked away saying. This guy is definitely telling the truth?

Am I alone thinking this is all absolutely bat sh*t crazy. Then factor in that it seems he was connected to the two Cambodian forums and they or people in the community know people who lent him money for legal fees!

Is the man still active on the forums?

And the finale. He is still living in phnom penh supporting the wife? Standing by her after she confessed to drugging him and chopping up a body over 6 days.
It may be a mafia, but he certainly didn’t have the wherewithal to afford to bribe his way out of trouble. I didn’t say he was innocent or guilty, I said there were implausibilities, and that the fact remains that he hasn’t been charged. So let’s move on from that. I’ll try to deal with your questions thus.

Was the restaurant still open at the time? I have heard it was, but I honestly don’t know for sure.

Did he not look in the freezer? Again, no idea. I’d presume that if he wasn’t the chef or part of the stock ordering process that it was entirely possible that he might not have.

The money? It’s not for me to divulge that. However I will say that of the one person I know of (there are apparently others), it wasn’t a piffling amount but at the same time it was an amount that, risk-wise, I’d argue most of us could afford to lose. Not the point, but I do not know what others loaned.

The Moto? No idea. Impossible to speculate whether or not any conversation took place.

The dismembering? Quite possible if he had been drugged and incapacitated. Not entirely plausible, but possible.

Lenders standing by him? No, that doesn’t seem to be the case. Loans may have been made based on the fact that he was not charged, again impossible to know for sure. I do believe there are one or two who may still defend him to this day.

Interrogation by friends? No idea.

Are you alone? None of us are truly ever alone, but yes, it is all just a little “bat-shit crazy” as you put it. But this is KOW I suppose.

Is he still active on the fora? I’d guess so, it would be hard not to google yourself and be interested what people might be saying about you.

He’s standing by the wife? I don’t know about that. But he is certainly (apparently) trying to take care of the 3 or 4 kids he’s now inherited responsibility for.

I hope this helps.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic