Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Sentenced)

Breaking news from Cambodia can be found here. CEO often finds Khmer news and translates it into English for our readers if it is interesting to expats, locals, Cambodians living abroad and anyone who wants to stay informed of the latest local and international news stories about Cambodia and our neighbors in South East Asia. There are many sources for Khmer news articles and they can all be found here in one place. Most of the media comes out of Phnom Penh, Siem Reap or Sihanoukville, but we cover national Cambodian news from all provinces.
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 2721
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 605
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Sentenc

Post by pczz » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:01 pm

clutchcargo wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:54 pm
So Srey Choppy was
ordered to pay 120M riel (USD 30,000) in compensation to the family of the victim.
Good luck with that.. :whistler:
If she had $30,000 she would have bribed her way out of this
User avatar
clutchcargo
Expatriate
Posts: 3332
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:09 pm
Reputation: 1722
Cambodia

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Sentenc

Post by clutchcargo » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:06 pm

pczz wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:01 pm
clutchcargo wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:54 pm
So Srey Choppy was
ordered to pay 120M riel (USD 30,000) in compensation to the family of the victim.
Good luck with that.. :whistler:
If she had $30,000 she would have bribed her way out of this
Or even $6000.. as that was what she allegedly borrowed from the victim.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Posts: 1803
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm
Reputation: 1033
Cambodia

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Sentenc

Post by Mishmash » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:05 pm

Has the freezer been sold yet??

This murder has my vote on the top 10 creepiest..

Maybe we should start a thread..
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:39 am
Reputation: 400
United States of America

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Sentenc

Post by angkorjohn2 » Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:27 pm

clutchcargo wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:06 pm
pczz wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:01 pm
clutchcargo wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:54 pm
So Srey Choppy was
ordered to pay 120M riel (USD 30,000) in compensation to the family of the victim.
Good luck with that.. :whistler:
If she had $30,000 she would have bribed her way out of this
Or even $6000.. as that was what she allegedly borrowed from the victim.
The statement was it was $700 although some other amount owed to other parties from the same village she threatened to reveal her location to these other debtors if she wasn't paid. But yes $30.000 will never be paid. As I understand those who do pay up have their chance of parole, pardons etc raised. I doubt a case as gruesome and public as this would ever have a chance of getting released anyway so they should save the money.
Mishmash
Expatriate
Posts: 1803
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:34 pm
Reputation: 1033
Cambodia

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Sentenc

Post by Mishmash » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:16 am

angkorjohn2 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:27 pm
clutchcargo wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:06 pm
pczz wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:01 pm
clutchcargo wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:54 pm
So Srey Choppy was
ordered to pay 120M riel (USD 30,000) in compensation to the family of the victim.
Good luck with that.. :whistler:
If she had $30,000 she would have bribed her way out of this
Or even $6000.. as that was what she allegedly borrowed from the victim.
The statement was it was $700 although some other amount owed to other parties from the same village she threatened to reveal her location to these other debtors if she wasn't paid. But yes $30.000 will never be paid. As I understand those who do pay up have their chance of parole, pardons etc raised. I doubt a case as gruesome and public as this would ever have a chance of getting released anyway so they should save the money.
Let's hope she doesn't start to work in the prison kitchen to pay her debts off eh!!!
pczz
Expatriate
Posts: 2721
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:00 pm
Reputation: 605
Location: phnom penh
Great Britain

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Sentenc

Post by pczz » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:35 am

clutchcargo wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:06 pm
pczz wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:01 pm
clutchcargo wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:54 pm
So Srey Choppy was
ordered to pay 120M riel (USD 30,000) in compensation to the family of the victim.
Good luck with that.. :whistler:
If she had $30,000 she would have bribed her way out of this
Or even $6000.. as that was what she allegedly borrowed from the victim.
Did anyone order tacos on or around those dates.....
Brewer
Expatriate
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:43 am
Reputation: 81

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Brewer » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:06 am

Captain Bonez wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 11:48 am
Simone1983 wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:58 am
Image
There is just no fucking way she got that woman bent up and squished in that freezer and dragged her frozen popsicle of a corpse in and out every night to hack her up all by herself. Nope.
I've been of that opinion from the outset when I read the apparent MO and saw the freezer. She throttled the woman in the bathroom, which itself isn't an easy and quick thing to do to actually finish someone. She might have managed to choke her out relatively quickly but extinguishing life takes longer.
Then she dragged the body around, which is strenuous and awkward. It's hard enough getting someone who's hugely pissed but still conscious into a tuk tuk.

Then she manages to somehow top that feat of strength, and maybe even defy the laws of physics, by somehow getting a body which, depending how long she left it, is either in a state of rigor or totally floppy, and cramming it into a space that appears to have insufficient volume even for the body and then adds even more by putting frozen food on top.

And she does this, apparently, by tipping the freezer onto the side, thus adding the weight of the appliance to the weight of the body she's now got to get upright.

To top all of this, all alone and without assistance, she then dismembers the body in the same house the murder took place which she shares with a number of people and starts disposing of the parts. Again, all alone and with no assistance. Not even from the son who went for a ride on the victims bike at some stage, IIRC?

I don't know the husband but everyone who does seems to be of one uniform opinion: not involved. I don't know the son either but...
User avatar
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Posts: 2328
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:50 pm
Reputation: 569
Location: Phnom Penh
Cambodia

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Sentenc

Post by timmydownawell » Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:32 am

She could have chopped off the arms, legs and head and put the torso in the freezer... before throwing the limbs in the river? No real feat of strength required there.
No matter how much it rains, the dirt never washes away.
Doc67
Expatriate
Posts: 1034
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:16 am
Reputation: 538
Location: here
Contact:
Great Britain

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Post by Doc67 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:15 am

Cam Nivag wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:02 pm
OK, which one of you fuckers did this?
One of my favourite posts of 2019. Click on the link...
Brewer
Expatriate
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:43 am
Reputation: 81

Re: Owner of Alamo Cafe Admits to Murder & Shows Police Where She Dumped the Body Parts in Phnom Penh, Cambodia (Sentenc

Post by Brewer » Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:17 am

timmydownawell wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:32 am
She could have chopped off the arms, legs and head and put the torso in the freezer... before throwing the limbs in the river? No real feat of strength required there.
If that's the case then she had to have turned the place into an abattoir, meaning there is even less chance of the others in the place having no knowledge of the murder and subsequent butchering.

She specifically stated she froze the body to enable post mortem butchery causing a mess. As it transpired, she said, she had to do a partial thaw to do it. Either way, something doesn't add up.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post