E visa multiple entry for 1 year.I

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Gerard
Tourist
Great Britain

E visa multiple entry for 1 year.I

Post by Gerard »

I am planning on working in Cambodia so i will be getting the e visa. I have family in thailand. And would like to try and visit them 1 time every month. Is this possible with this visa. Can I exit Cambodia go into thailand every month. I do not know how the e visa works in Cambodia. Any information I would be very grateful for thank you for your time.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: E visa multiple entry for 1 year.I

Post by timmydownawell »

Get an E-type (ordinary) visa on entry to Cambodia, then go to any agent and get a 6mo EG (looking for work) extension. You can upgrade this to an EB extension when you get a job. All 6mo/12mo extensions are multiple entry.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

OP- as Timmy said but don't mistake the E type (ordinary) visa that you get upon arrival at the airport with the e-visa you can get online prior to arrival. The latter cannot be extended for multiple entry.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

As for going to Thailand every month, flying in is ok, but I think crossing land borders is restricted to two entries per year.
Gerard
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Gerard »

Can anyone confirm to me how many border land crossings you can make to thailand on a E visa in Cambodia. Thank you.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:25 pm As for going to Thailand every month, flying in is ok, but I think crossing land borders is restricted to two entries per year.
VISA exempt land borders Limited to 2/calendar year, Flying in no limit>
also land borders with visa ...no limit but be aware the Thai embassy in Phnom Pehn wont issue more than 4 tourist visas...

With ur 1 year multiple entry Cambodian extension you can come and go as often as you like
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

I believe that you will be able to visit Thailand pretty much as often as you like with your visa. BUT I wouldn't take my word nor anyone else's. Simply call the Thai embassy and ask.

I was told that they were becoming more liberal with the land crossings this past year but I don't know the details around the changes.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

TWY wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:27 pm I believe that you will be able to visit Thailand pretty much as often as you like with your visa. BUT I wouldn't take my word nor anyone else's. Simply call the Thai embassy and ask.

I was told that they were becoming more liberal with the land crossings this past year but I don't know the details around the changes.
sorry :facepalm:
100% Fake news
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
kritsana77
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by kritsana77 »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:36 pm
TWY wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:27 pm I believe that you will be able to visit Thailand pretty much as often as you like with your visa. BUT I wouldn't take my word nor anyone else's. Simply call the Thai embassy and ask.

sorry :facepalm:
100% Fake news
I would suggest you get a METV (multi entry tourist visa) from your home country at a Thai consulate. I do not know how many times Thailand will let you enter per year. They are getting a bit strange/weird/silly about that these days.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

i wouldn't
its expensive, Plus, you need show money in the bank and be employed and it cant be issued EXCEPT in your home country

For UK citizen: (same requirements whatever county your from )

you wont have any trouble if you follow what i wrote above
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic