CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: FIFA World Cup 2022 Qualifiers

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Tonight's match:

FIFA WC Asian Qualifiers | 1 h ago
2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers: Cambodia ready to face mighty Iran
Cambodia are still looking for their first win of the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers second round. The Angkor Warriors have drawn one and lost one of their two encounters so far and are next up against IR Iran. However, head coach Felix Dalmas says the team is ready for the Asian giants.

Cambodia head coach Felix Dalmas has said that the match against Iran provides them with a good opportunity to measure their progress.

“It will be good opportunity for us to test ourselves because we will play against one of the strongest teams in Asia. I hope we take one more step in line with our plan to improve football in Cambodia,” said Dalmas. (via Tehran Times)

“Iran are a powerful team but our football ideology is clear. We will make every effort to play a good football against every team. This is the most important thing.

“We consider the match as a great opportunity to improve our potential. We want to compete, that’s why we are here. We know the difference between two teams but we will do our best.

“Me and Keisuke Honda have the same ideology in the team and help each other to reach our goal. Honda is a professional coach and has played a key role in the team’s improvement. We have different characters but are looking for the same goal.”

Dalmas and Honda will be looking for their first win in the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers second round, after a draw and a loss in their opening matches. Iran, meanwhile, are looking for their second win already, having beaten Hong Kong in their first match.
https://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/ ... ix-dalmas/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Oh dear. It was a massacre.

Iran too strong for Cambodia at World Cup qualifier
October 10, 2019
TEHRAN - Iran earned an impressive 14-0 win over minnow Cambodia at the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 and AFC Asian Cup China 2023 on Thursday.

It’s Team Melli’s second successive win in the competition after a 2-0 win over Hong Kong in September in Group C.

Iran scored seven goals in the first half in Tehran’s Azadi Stadium, where the Iranian women attended an international match for the first time after many years.

Ahmad Nourollahi opened the scoring in the 5th minute and Sardar Azmoun made a hat trick. Hossein Kananizadegan, Mehdi Taremi and Karim Ansarifard also scored for Iran in the first half.

Just two minutes after the interval, Iran goalkeeper Alireza Beiranvand brought Cambodia’s player down in the penalty area and the referee awarded the visiting team a penalty.

Beiranvand saved the penalty.

Ansarifard scored three more goals in the second half and Taremi also registered his name on the scoreboard.

Mohammad Mohebbi scored a brace in the second half and Milad Mohammadi also was on target for Team Melli.
https://www.tehrantimes.com/news/440999 ... -qualifier

On a brighter note, Iranian women were permitted to attend the football match for the first time in around 40 years. Obviously, this had a big impact on the Iranian players.
The spectators were segregated into sectors for men and women.
Last edited by CEOCambodiaNews on Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

Oh my.... I had some hopes for the Cambodian team, as they recently advanced up a few places on the FIFA world ranking, but after a beating like this...

Sigh, too bad...
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

frizzie77 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:14 am Oh my.... I had some hopes for the Cambodian team, as they recently advanced up a few places on the FIFA world ranking, but after a beating like this...

Sigh, too bad...
Yeah, seriously out-ranked. :(
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

frizzie77 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:14 am Oh my.... I had some hopes for the Cambodian team, as they recently advanced up a few places on the FIFA world ranking, but after a beating like this...

Sigh, too bad...
Are you serious? Some hopes? How many international superstars does Cambodia have? St Kitts and Nevis and Kosovo have better rankings than Cambodia. Iran has a lousy squad too. What if Cambodia had to play against England, Brazil, or Holland? 104 - 0?

We gotta be real. Cambodian soccer players suck ass. Local teams are doing ok thanks to players with more melanin in their system... Kinda like the "French" national team!
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Photos from Iran vs Cambodia match:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Tonight's match is at Phnom Penh's Olympic Stadium against Iraq.

2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers: Cambodia vs Iraq live stream, updates, when and where to watch
Cambodia

Felix Dalmas’ Cambodia will host Iraq on the fourth matchday of the 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers at the Phnom Penh Olympic Stadium on Tuesday.

The Lions of Mesopotamia and the Angkor Warriors are in Group C of the 2022 FIFA World Cup and 2023 AFC Asian Cup Joint-Qualifiers second round where they are joined by IR Iran, Bahrain and Hong Kong.

As many as 40 teams from Asia have been drawn into eight groups of five teams each for the second round of the qualifiers which will run until June 9, 2020.
https://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/ ... -to-watch/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Update: Cambodia lost 4-0

Iraq claim easy win but Cambodia show improvement after humbling defeat
2 hours ago
Cambodia fell to a second defeat in six days in the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers but at least showed improvement in a 4-0 loss to Iraq at Phnom Penh’s Olympic Stadium on Tuesday.

Just last Thursday, the Cambodians were handed a humbling 14-0 loss at the hands of Iran and there were concerns they could in for another emphatic defeat against another of Asian football’s stronger sides.

However, they offered more resistance and held out until the 22nd minute when a right-wing cross by Humam Tariq was nodded on by Alaa Abdul-Zahra and Ibrahim Bayesh was on hand at the far post to plant a header into the back of the net from point-blank range.
https://www.foxsportsasia.com/football/ ... ng-defeat/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Meanwhile in Vietnam, there is much celebration ...
Vietnam extend unbeaten run with 3-1 win over Indonesia
Tuesday, 2019-10-15 20:37:50

NDO – Vietnam have clinched their second consecutive victory in the second round of the 2022 World Cup Asian qualifiers after brilliantly trouncing Indonesia 3-1 in their third Group G match at Kapten I Wayan Dipta Stadium in Bali on October 15.
https://en.nhandan.org.vn/sports/item/8 ... nesia.html

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Hong Kong -The Cambodian national football team are playing Hong Kong, in Hong Kong, tonight as the FIFA World Cup rounds continue, with teams competing to qualify for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
The SCMP talks to the Hong Kong coach:

World Cup 2022: Hong Kong vs Cambodia – Mixu Paatelainen hoping for goals from improving Hong Kong side

Qatar 2022 qualifier at Hong Kong Stadium on Tuesday night could prove key on the road to AFC Asian Cup 2023 in China
Defender Andy Russell hopes supporters can make it down to create another ‘excellent atmosphere’

Topic | Fifa World Cup 2022
Jonathan White
Published: 8:58pm, 18 Nov, 2019

Hong Kong’s qualifying campaign began with a frustrating draw away to Cambodia on the first match day in what was Mixu Paatelainen’s first competitive game in charge. Both sides will be looking to move past that result when they renew acquaintances on Tuesday night under the floodlights at Hong Kong Stadium.

“I think we’re a better team today than we were then,” Paatelainen said. “I think we play better, I think our defending is better, I think we have gelled in a little bit. Also, we know exactly what Cambodia are all about. It was very early for our players to play apart from those who play abroad, to play in Cambodia. Only one official match before that. From that respect we are more ready.”
That 1-1 draw at the Olympic Stadium in Phnom Penh in September was the first time that Hong Kong had failed to beat Cambodia, having won their previous five meetings, a run dating back to 1957. It was not the flying start that the new coach was looking for.

Tan Chun-lok opened the scoring for Hong Kong that night before Keo Sokpheng equalised for Felix Dalmas’ side. It could have been worse for the visitors if Cambodia’s teen substitute Sieng Chanthea’s strike had not hit the post in the closing stages.
https://www.scmp.com/print/sport/footba ... ping-goals

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic