Dating Websites for Cambodian Women?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Dating Websites

Post by John Bingham »

explorer wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:04 am The chance of her getting a foreign husband is very small, simply because there are thousands of Cambodian girls and relatively few foreign men wanting Cambodian wives.
It's also worth pointing out that there are millions of Cambodian women who would have little or no interest in getting involved with anyone outside their culture. Otherwise Bitte_Kein_Lexus' post was very astute.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:19 pm Second, this might also be obvious, but you should warn her that foreigners aren't all that different from Khmers... As much as I don't like agreeing with explorer, he's right, so she should adjust her expectations accordingly. Western men aren't saints. I'm sure most of the posters here (myself included) have at some point in time been "that asshole" she now despises.
I had a conversation with her and her mom about that years ago before she met her husband. Her mom was telling her to go for an expat but I told them that plenty of expats are bad news around Cambodia. I told her just look for a good man and not to worry about Khmer/Barang. She ignored mom and met her husband.

Side note - I found out she has a few Khmer suitors already. She is attractive and she makes her own money now that she bought a cart and works at her moms noodle shop. Nothing fancy but beats the 9-5.

Just thinking back about when I lived in Cambodia, none of the people I was friendly with and would hook her up with were single. Guess the good ones get snatched up pretty quick
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:23 pm Yeah, Badoo, Tinder (should use Tinder+), as its more functional but costs around a fiver a month.

Also, Line and WhatsApp are good for finding people in your proximity and exchanging messages etc.
What are the apps Jamie and General use so I can tell her what to avoid?
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:14 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:23 pm Yeah, Badoo, Tinder (should use Tinder+), as its more functional but costs around a fiver a month.

Also, Line and WhatsApp are good for finding people in your proximity and exchanging messages etc.
What are the apps Jamie and General use so I can tell her what to avoid?
just tell her to add me on Facebook bro, i'm available :D haha

unless shes over the hill then dating apps arent a good source tbh, its very hit and miss, you might find the odd decent lad on there, but theres probably twice as many that arent decent, Badoo was good, but went downhill a few years ago, Tinder is popular, although originally it was known as a hook up app, someone mentioned Facebook, which is good as you can usually/sometimes get an idea of what kind of person they are, but often requires either randomly adding them as a friend and/or sending a random message to a stranger, the message can often end up in the persons 'other' folder which may never be read, you can randomly like someones photo to possibly get their attention, but the Facebook route can be seen as a little creepy, unless they see ya and are interested lol

me personally i do find the best way to meet people is just socially through friends of friends
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

explorer wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:04 am I know a lot of nice girls I would like to introduce to nice potential husbands, many of them university students, but dont know decent foreign men looking for Cambodian wives.

If you spend time with Cambodian people, you sometimes have mothers ask you to find good husbands for their daughters. I tell them, If I met a good man looking for a Cambodian wife, I would introduce him to a lot of girls, and let him decide who he likes.
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

GMJS-CEO wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:11 pm I had a conversation with her and her mom about that years ago before she met her husband. Her mom was telling her to go for an expat but I told them that plenty of expats are bad news around Cambodia.
A lot of Western men in Cambodia have small brains and consume excessive amounts of alcohol. Decent Western men make better husbands than most Cambodian men. Anyone who consumes excessive amounts of alcohol will not make a good husband.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

i guess her english is not good enough for joining this forum to meet combodias finest :greet:
GMJS-CEO wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:51 am
markd wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:37 am:wink:
thru shit to more shit
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Yeah, its not easy OP. Mrs Cargo knows a few decent khmer girls interested in barang and she has asked me if I know some equally decent barang guys that she could introduce for them.

The problem is many of the guys I know are often older than what these girls are after and then even younger guys are often not looking for marriage which is what these girls want. They want serious guys that can commit rather than temporary gf.

Then there is the issue of whether the guy lives here or not. Some of the girls are open to going overseas but others are not. A lot of younger guys find it difficult to live here permanently given the work/visa situation and earning a decent $. Not the case so much with older guys who are retired and financially independent.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:43 am Yeah, its not easy OP. Mrs Cargo knows a few decent khmer girls interested in barang and she has asked me if I know some equally decent barang guys that she could introduce for them.

The problem is many of the guys I know are often older than what these girls are after and then even younger guys are often not looking for marriage which is what these girls want. They want serious guys that can commit rather than temporary gf.

Then there is the issue of whether the guy lives here or not. Some of the girls are open to going overseas but others are not. A lot of younger guys find it difficult to live here permanently given the work/visa situation and earning a decent $. Not the case so much with older guys who are retired and financially independent.
A lot of younger guys don't want to settle in Cambodia because it's boring. Met a lot of guys in their late 20s/ early 30s through my job and they always say the same thing: Career wise, Cambodia is awesome. As far as entertainment and social life are concerned, Cambodia sucks major monkey balls. After two/ three years, they either move to Thailand/ Singapore or head back to the west.

Younger guys don't want a glorified maid. They want an actual partner. Bringing an uneducated/ unqualified Cambodian woman back home doesn't make any sense on the long haul. I know. Things are changing and an increasing number of Cambodian women are educated. If you compare a UCLA graduate to a PUC graduate though, you'll quickly realize that education in Cambodia is still way behind.

There's also the idea (among the younger crowd) that if you settle for a Cambodian woman, you must be one big fat loser.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Dating Websites for Cambodian Women?

Post by John Bingham »

The WASP chimes in again with his dismal opinions on everything here.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic