Dating Websites for Cambodian Women?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Dating Websites

Post by cptrelentless »

explorer wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:53 am Why did she get divorced?
Maybe her husband turned out to be a clueless oaf
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Why don't you ask NKOTB? Apparently he landed a Cambodian online.
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

The chance of her getting a foreign husband is very small, simply because there are thousands of Cambodian girls and relatively few foreign men wanting Cambodian wives.

I know a lot of nice girls I would like to introduce to nice potential husbands, many of them university students, but dont know decent foreign men looking for Cambodian wives.

If you spend time with Cambodian people, you sometimes have mothers ask you to find good husbands for their daughters. I tell them, If I met a good man looking for a Cambodian wife, I would introduce him to a lot of girls, and let him decide who he likes.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

One thing she could do to improve her chances slightly is to study English. Many foreign men want girls who speak English.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Simmy
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Simmy »

She should try to meet people by going online and looking for people to meet in a public place to improve her English by offering language exchange. I met my wife this way as she wanted to meet to improve her English and I wanted to start learning the local language.

Things went from there finally to a good marriage.
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

Let her hangout with you, she might meet someone.
Don't forget the water buffalo
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Shouldn't be too hard if she doesn't have a kid yet (sad, but generally true). First of all, she should just get more social and adventurous. Join a gym where foreigners go, make a few foreign friends if possible (female conversation partners, etc). Join a social group with foreigners (sports/exercise/travel/general leisure activities). There are tons around. Just by expanding her social circle, she'll improve her confidence as well as her English, and will meet a lot of potential candidates in a more natural fashion. Plus, she'll get used to being around westerners and understand them hopefully a bit better.

Second, this might also be obvious, but you should warn her that foreigners aren't all that different from Khmers... As much as I don't like agreeing with explorer, he's right, so she should adjust her expectations accordingly. Western men aren't saints. I'm sure most of the posters here (myself included) have at some point in time been "that asshole" she now despises.

Third, she should also lay off the anger and telling evrry guy she meets that she hates Khmer men. Whenever I met a woman who told me she'd broken up with a Khmer guy and never wanted to date Khmers again, I would run for the hills. The open bitterness many such Khmer ladies with previous relationship experience openly share is never a good sign, and something foreigners are generally good at picking up on. Basically, tell her that no one wants to hear her sob story on the first date.

As for actual websites, there's Asian Dating, Badoo, Tinder and so on. Easy to use apps, but she'll need to be cautious and sift a lot of douchebags (so I've been told, ahem). They're actually good places to just meet some friends as well, which as I said increases her odds of meeting someone through a mutual friend.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:19 pm Shouldn't be too hard if she doesn't have a kid yet (sad, but generally true). First of all, she should just get more social and adventurous. Join a gym where foreigners go, make a few foreign friends if possible (female conversation partners, etc). Join a social group with foreigners (sports/exercise/travel/general leisure activities). There are tons around. Just by expanding her social circle, she'll improve her confidence as well as her English, and will meet a lot of potential candidates in a more natural fashion. Plus, she'll get used to being around westerners and understand them hopefully a bit better.

Second, this might also be obvious, but you should warn her that foreigners aren't all that different from Khmers... As much as I don't like agreeing with explorer, he's right, so she should adjust her expectations accordingly. Western men aren't saints. I'm sure most of the posters here (myself included) have at some point in time been "that asshole" she now despises.

Third, she should also lay off the anger and telling evrry guy she meets that she hates Khmer men. Whenever I met a woman who told me she'd broken up with a Khmer guy and never wanted to date Khmers again, I would run for the hills. The open bitterness many such Khmer ladies with previous relationship experience openly share is never a good sign, and something foreigners are generally good at picking up on. Basically, tell her that no one wants to hear her sob story on the first date.

As for actual websites, there's Asian Dating, Badoo, Tinder and so on. Easy to use apps, but she'll need to be cautious and sift a lot of douchebags (so I've been told, ahem). They're actually good places to just meet some friends as well, which as I said increases her odds of meeting someone through a mutual friend.
Thanks mate :bow: Good post
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Yeah, Badoo, Tinder (should use Tinder+), as its more functional but costs around a fiver a month.

Also, Line and WhatsApp are good for finding people in your proximity and exchanging messages etc.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

explorer wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:53 am Why did she get divorced?
Wasn't a nasty divorce. Even had a meeting of her, the husband and both of the mothers to talk through it. The guys own mother even said he will not be able to keep a woman happy if he doesn't change.

Essentially he is just too controlling financially, including the money she was making. If she went to the market with $10 out of her own wages he wanted to count what was left when she came home :lol: That was a recurring theme and the root of all arguments, he ignored birthdays, anniversaries, womans day.

I had some advice but he didn't want to consider it. I am a cheap SOB myself but I told him to consider it an investment in his happiness. Spend $200-300 a year on your wife and in return, you get a year's happiness. He was even making money on the deal since they pooled wages! Poor guy just couldn't get out of his own head.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic