GBP £ now below 40 Baht.

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

GBP £ now below 40 Baht.

Post by Doc67 »

The above chart is the 10 year one. Is this the first time it's broken the £1/40THB level?
Artisan
Expatriate
Belgium

Re: GBP £ now below 40 Baht.

Post by Artisan »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:32 pm Image

The above chart is the 10 year one. Is this the first time it's broken the £1/40THB level?
Is that a trick question?
pebbles&nightsky
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

the baht is strong & the thai gov wants it that way
i wouldnt be surprised if the poond goes down to 35baht upon brexit materialising but then jump sharply after brexit has proved to be less of a drag on the uk than anticipated
thru shit to more shit
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

If that is your prediction of Brexit I may return when it happens. All I remember in business, was losing money, due to European law. I am not saying that the law's and regulations were all bad.
But who in their right mind's allows such as food mountains, because we don't need your produce, so most can rot, after giving the butter to the aged. Sea fishing allocated at a certain amount in your own waters, allowing other countries there fair catch from your stock. Too many they go back dead over the side. Farms paid subsidies to let land grow wild for flora and fauna.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Artisan wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:47 pm
Doc67 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:32 pm Image

Is that a trick question?
No. I was just that my XE app only goes back 10 years, Anyway, I have found an answer to my question; no, it's not the first time. See chart below...
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

OMG, my next trip to Pattaya is going to cost me a fortune.

:stir:
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Skip Pattaya and come Phnom Penh better value all round
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

The Aussie shit to Imagei
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

changed some $$ today
got 31.2..10 days ago was 31.7
GDP was 39.6
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

DaveG wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:27 pm OMG, my next trip to Pattaya is going to cost me a fortune.

:stir:
I’m glad I had the holidays I had in Pattaya in my 30’s, not even taking into account the 60% drop in the exchange rate we used to play golf every day of the week and the cost of that has increased 4-6 fold, out every night and beer has almost doubled, the purple persuader got you very attractive company if you wanted it and I’m guessing that has gone up exponentially in opposite proportion to attitude and attractiveness. Accomodation is probably the thing that has increased the least in baht terms and I’m actually getting cheaper flights from London to Bangkok now than I was 20 years ago.

I dread to think what the equivalent 3 week holiday would cost in Sterling terms now compared to the late nineties early 2000’s.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic