Australian Man Volunteers to Work as a Patrolman in Siem Reap

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Australian Man Volunteers to Work as a Patrolman in Siem Reap

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News (Siem Reap): A 30-year-old Australian man, Kelleb Maddox, volunteered to work as a patrolman to help for the security in Kantrok village, Sangkat Svay Dongkom, Siem Reap.

The Australian man has been living in Cambodia for 20 years, and he had a Cambodian wife who works in the library in the orphan center. He would like to work as a patrolman because he wanted to keep the security in the village where he lives. He has been working as a patrolman for half a year already. For this job, he hasn't had any problem yet. He also helped to coordinate the traffic for the wedding in the village.

He said he used to study at Wat Chok primary school. His parents and his brother and him speak Khmer very well. His parents came to live in Cambodia in 1992, through an organization that helped people in agriculture.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Re: Australian Man Volunteers to Work as a Patrolman in Siem Reap

Post by Barang chgout »

Well! That'll work!

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

He went to primary school in Cambodia, understands Cambodian culture, and speaks Khmer like a Cambodian.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Looks Australian
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Barang chgout
Expatriate

Post by Barang chgout »

My kid went to school in Cambodia, speaks Kmer and blah blah blah.
I still reckon, joining any kind of police here, like that, is just fuxing stupid. But I'm sure Exploret knows better.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

More power to him. Chaps grown up here and wants to better his hood. He sets a great example instead of the complainers here :Yahoo!:
Still here, in country...
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

When I read the headline I was concerned it might be something like those weird foreigners who volunteer for the Pattaya Tourist police etc, but it seems like he's a guy with strong links to his neighborhood and Cambodia.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
expatbullshiters
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by expatbullshiters »

sounds like a policeman the comunity would need. seeks to help rather than pad his pockets. his past actions back up his intentions. some on the police force do seem to have some personal money making interests imbedded in them so it might be a challenge to say the least.
Soyoung123
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soyoung123 »

This guy also owns Butterfly Paradise in Siem Reap. A place to learn, relax and refresh your mind while enjoying God's creation.

He likes to get in Facebook arguments as he believes in Intelligent Design stuff. Other than that seems like a nice person and impressive he has been here so long.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic