Does Cambodian Girl Living in Poverty Have a Western Father Somewhere ?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Does Cambodian Girl Living in Poverty Have a Western Father Somewhere ?

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:59 pm
Queef wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:23 pm Dual nationality as in she's got two passports or as in she's mixed? If she has two passports, then locating the dad should be doable.

Now, are they trying to locate the dad? If she's in Mondolkiri selling clams, I doubt her father wants anything to do with her. Sad.
Dual nationality by its very definition means that the father registered her at his embassy so...
and to hold Cambodian nationality she would be on someones house book and the fathers name would be there.
...who were sad to hear that the girl was abandoned by her mother.
so she speaks the same language the Barangs that met her do?

LINK PLEASE>>>>

CEO news is turning into the same style paper one would find at the checkout counter of supermarkets in the west<
grab your attention, buy the paper to read more.

Said the man who has posted 8700 times, obviously his attention is easy to grab
although here, its about traffic. :stir:
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

She has a cheery little face. I hope someone will help her. Heartrending to see abandoned children of any race.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

frank lee bent wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:51 am She has a cheery little face. I hope someone will help her. Heartrending to see abandoned children of any race.
I read it as the young girl has her aunt taking care of her. How many children are left with in-laws in this country.
It seems normal for mum and dad, to leave the children whenever they can find the opportunity to earn money for the family.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

A khmer posted this on FB:
Most people pay attention give value to a girl that have a better look a like like a foreigner.
Even though she has no parents but she’s not living alone she live with her uncle and she’s a job,so why bother?
What about other orphan,no interest?
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:11 am A khmer posted this on FB:
Most people pay attention give value to a girl that have a better look a like like a foreigner.
Even though she has no parents but she’s not living alone she live with her uncle and she’s a job,so why bother?
What about other orphan,no interest?
In most cases this is not true. Look how many Cambodians being looked after in orphanages and similar places.

I think the main aim of the person posting this originally was to see if the father can be found.

You would need more information before deciding if it is a good idea to remove her from where she is. Does she have a good life, or a bad life? If she is going to school and being looked after well, she probably should stay where she is. There is more to it. For example, sometimes girls like this are married young, so the person looking after them can get money.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

If you go to a lot of Cambodian towns and villages, you sometimes see mixed race children. She is not the only one. In some cases the mother and father have a good relationship. In other cases, they have not seen the father for a long time, and dont expect to see him again. Some have just been flings, and the father never loved the mother. A big problem is the old fathers. They start out with good intentions, but get too old to come back, or die.

Some of you may remember, there was one who used to post on this forum. I dont know if he is dead or not. He leaves behind a boy and a girl with their Cambodian mother. He did nor bother to get them US passports. He said they cant afford to go to America. Of course, if they had passports, they may have an opportunity to go in the future. It is up to them to do whatever they do for themselves. They will probably live in Cambodia their entire life.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic