Bomb Scare at Siem Reap Airport

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Bomb Scare at Siem Reap Airport

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Siem Reap, Cambodia News: There was a bomb scare on the afternoon of May 30, 2019, when a Chinese man abandoned a suitcase at the airport at Siem Reap.
A police officer at the Department of Counterterrorism and Transnational Crime confirmed that at 11 am, a Chinese man taking a plane to Macau left his suitcase at the airport to avoid paying $80 excess luggage fees. Seeing the abandoned case, the security guards called the CMAC bomb experts to investigate the contents in case there was a bomb inside.
The Chinese man was detained for questioning, but according to police officers and CMAC officials, the suitcase contained only clothes and coffee.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Bomb Scare at Siem Reap Airport

Post by Arget »

So funny to see CMAC bloke in "protective gear" while all around him are people in plain clothing with no protection.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

I think this dude used to be on TV

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Arget wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 5:05 pm So funny to see CMAC bloke in "protective gear" while all around him are people in plain clothing with no protection.
I think you're wrong, the people in plain clothing came probably after the CMAC bloke declared the suitcase for safe. :beer3:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

Chinese pricks can bring in hundreds of millions of dollars in laundered, illegal money, but can't pay $80 in excess baggage fees. Ffs
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Tarndog wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:52 pm Chinese pricks can bring in hundreds of millions of dollars in laundered, illegal money, but can't pay $80 in excess baggage fees. Ffs
Perhaps this could be a learning experience and one could realize all Chinese are not the same. It is possible that not all Chinese are rich criminals.

This post is not intended to troll or humiliate any poster.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Small time smuggling ?
The Chinese man was detained for questioning, but according to police officers and CMAC officials, the suitcase contained only clothes and coffee.
Strange to be smuggling coffee from Cambodia ? Laos coffee perhaps ? But still, I'd like to know what he had in his other suitcase (the one that weighed 23kgs or whatever the limit is to Macau). :stir:
Gator
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Gator »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:59 pm
Tarndog wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:52 pm Chinese pricks can bring in hundreds of millions of dollars in laundered, illegal money, but can't pay $80 in excess baggage fees. Ffs
Perhaps this could be a learning experience and one could realize all Chinese are not the same. It is possible that not all Chinese are rich criminals.
All rich criminals, no. All rude, loud, & obnoxious, yes.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Sidewalker wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:46 pm
Arget wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 5:05 pm So funny to see CMAC bloke in "protective gear" while all around him are people in plain clothing with no protection.
I think you're wrong, the people in plain clothing came probably after the CMAC bloke declared the suitcase for safe. :beer3:
You would be right as usual...........who am I to have an educated opinion.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Arget wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:44 pm
Sidewalker wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:46 pm
You would be right as usual...........who am I to have an educated opinion.
Nice to read that. :beer3:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic