This is the cold season?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Re: This is the cold season?

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

My house was cold this morning. Tide to work I wore my hoody. This is winter.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Francis
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Francis »

We have about 23 °C right now, and I'm freezing my ass off.
Und der Haifisch der hat Tränen
Und die laufen vom Gesicht
Doch der Haifisch lebt im Wasser
So die Tränen sieht man nicht

In der Tiefe ist es einsam
Und so manche Träne fliesst
Und so kommt es dass das Wasser
In den Meeren salzig ist
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

keeping_it_riel wrote:I'm nominally a climate change skeptic but there's no arguing that the weather patterns have changed here over the last few years. Rainy season used to be done and dusted well before the Water Festival Holiday. There never used to be huge monsoons that week. And this last week has been hotter than a frickin' slave ship here in PP - far hotter than mid Novembers used to be.
There IS climate change. The question is "can 6 billion plus people be causing it" or is it some cycle. Now, have you seen the news about the USA? ALL FIFTY STATES with below FREEZING temps. Including Hawaii. 5 feet of snow in Rochester. Halfawy thru NOVEMBER. Snow coverage ON Christmas is typically 30%. It's been reported at 50% now.

Back to Asia, in Udon in January, we had 3 or 4 blankets on at maybe upper 50s F. Last night here on the Gulf of Mexico it was 27 last I looked and predicted to hit 23. I'd take them hot "winter" temps there ANY DAY over this. I thought my living room temp of 57f was rather good last night.

It's hard to believe the OP never looked at basic info on Cambodia before he moved.
General Chatter
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by General Chatter »

same as it ever was
Last edited by General Chatter on Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
I was born with nothing , and I still have most of it left.

ChessCube Account name is generalchat
Mr Curious
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Mr Curious »

Is this topic in the Asinine section? I did not check, until that last post came in. Hmmm, no seems only that post is asinine. Carry on. :-P
General Chatter
Expatriate
Cambodia

Mr Curious wrote:Is this topic in the Asinine section? I did not check, until that last post came in. Hmmm, no seems only that post is asinine. Carry on. :-P
What do you mean?

The Add Jay
Expatriate
Libya

Post by The Add Jay »

Well its man made...the human population is totally unsustainable. We need the UN to dictate policies in order to stop all of this. The American Middle class is to blame.
You're a nobody in the gutter with a Smartphone in your a hand.

Ordinem ad Imperium
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

GMC Tundra driving 'soccer moms' will end all human life on the planet.
General Chatter
Expatriate
Cambodia

The Add Jay wrote:Well its man made...the human population is totally unsustainable. We need the UN to dictate policies in order to stop all of this. The American Middle class is to blame.
well people seem to be sustaining themselves quite well , I mean we have exponential growth of the human race which is far from the top of the sigmoidal curve ....
The American middle class are the cause , I dont know about that. Although American marketing plays a role for sure . I would say marketing is at the root of a lot of the worlds problems, for example over-consumption .

ps look at the records for PP last year was hotter than now
http://www.wunderground.com/history/air ... atename=NA

wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

Still, PP is no match for BKK & Singapore. All those big buildings pick up heat all day and disperse it at night along with all the AC & HVAC exhausts. It barely cools down after dark anymore.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic