My favorite Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

My favorite Cambodia

Post by SINUS »

26.05.19 Travel on the "Drunk road" Cambodia Sihanoukville from Palm alley to the monument to the Golden Lions

mouytiet
Expatriate
Cook Islands

Re: My favorite Cambodia

Post by mouytiet »

Wow, that really shows it, what a shithole, do the Chinese really go there and go "oh isn't it nice", I think they go "oh its just like home".
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Thanks for recent vid OP. I haven't been back there since the invasion got serious a few years ago. I can't believe the amount of development.. :shock:
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

I was there 17 months ago & this vid has absolutely shocked me, Evan though it's been spoken about so many times before I didn't realize the scope of it all.
Good post :good:
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

Quite a change but then why is anyone surprised? We know SIhanoukville is a construction site.

It seems every week someone posts a video of how much it’s changed. Like most building sites. They change quickly.

Time to move on people. Battambang anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Спасибо, что поделились своим видео, Синус.

Я больше не узнаю это место. Очень некрасиво! Очень грустный!
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Be nice when it's finished !!!!,

:stir:
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Just spent a night in Poipet it's unrecognisable from a few years back Image
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
SINUS
Expatriate
Russia

Post by SINUS »

atst wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:26 pm Just spent a night in Poipet it's unrecognisable from a few years back Image
it is poypet?????? :(
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Many places in Vietnam are also being "developed" in this way. Ha Noi, Sài Gòn and Đà Nẵng of course, but even in the small beach town where I live, I can see eight of these soulless buildings going up near the sea from my balcony.

I think the Eagles wrote a song about it a couple of years ago.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic