Renew Cambodia Driving License?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Renew Cambodia driving license

Post by Kammekor »

andy1 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:53 pm
GMJS-CEO wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:23 am
andy1 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:11 pm My Cambodian licence ran out 2 years ago can i just renew?
Andy, did you find this out? When I come back I will have an expired license. I won’t have a landlord

I want a license I can use during my visits.

Added expense to get it done is not a barrier
No,It seems an expired one can be renewed but have not found out how old they will accept.
Up to three months at AEON 2, longer at the department only.
A10
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by A10 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:54 pm
6. Return the form to the members of staff inside the glass room office. They will recheck it, then you wait while they print your new license. You need to sign a book confirming you have collected it.

Good luck
So just want to confirm...you get the actual license right then and there and not just a temporary piece of paper? I'm moving very very soon and wont be able to wait a few weeks for the license to be completed.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

A10 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:06 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 12:54 pm
6. Return the form to the members of staff inside the glass room office. They will recheck it, then you wait while they print your new license. You need to sign a book confirming you have collected it.

Good luck
So just want to confirm...you get the actual license right then and there and not just a temporary piece of paper? I'm moving very very soon and wont be able to wait a few weeks for the license to be completed.
No, they don't issue anything temporary it will be the actual license. I've never renewed at Aeon 2 so not sure about that process.

I did the 10 year license out at the ministry and I was finished in the afternoon and they told me to come back the next day to pick up my license. I have heard of people getting theirs the same day. I think it depends on how swamped they are at the time.

But as far as renewals at Aeon 2, I'm sure if you have all the paperwork lined up they just knock out the license right there while you wait.
A10
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by A10 »

Looks like I'm up for a trip to Aeon 2 then. Thanks.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

A10 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:41 am Looks like I'm up for a trip to Aeon 2 then. Thanks.
Don't show up too late, it fills up pretty fast. Showing up around lunch time is useless, they will close for lunch for one hour.
ned kelly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ned kelly »

For a 10 year license,is there an age limit?
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Post by whatwat »

ned kelly wrote:For a 10 year license,is there an age limit?
Yes, you can only get one up to 60yo.
So if you’re 58 you’ll get a two year licence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
ned kelly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ned kelly »

Last year i renewed my car drivers license at Aeon2,i had a letter from the Sangat,but was told i dont need it if i didnt change address.

I heard last week that they changed the rules AGAIN,and you do need the Sangat letter,even if your address hasnt changed.Can anyone confirm if this is the new rule?

Thanks.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

ned kelly wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:38 pm Last year i renewed my car drivers license at Aeon2,i had a letter from the Sangat,but was told i dont need it if i didnt change address.

I heard last week that they changed the rules AGAIN,and you do need the Sangat letter,even if your address hasnt changed.Can anyone confirm if this is the new rule?

Thanks.
Where did the person telling you this go? AEON2 or the department?
ned kelly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ned kelly »

Aeon2
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic