Wanted - second hand mini Fridge

This is where you can buy and sell anything you want in Cambodia! There is no 'Craigslist Cambodia,' so this is the next best thing. Most items for sale are in Phnom Penh, but this is a buy and sell section for the whole country. Many expats and tourists have new and used items to sell, so anyone can list them here. CEO has no part in these sales, so buyers and sellers need to get in contact with each other themselves. You're always welcome to list items you're giving away for free, as we encourage the community to give when they can. Amazon and eBay ship select items to Cambodia, but you save time and money when you do things locally.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Wanted - second hand mini Fridge

Post by Doc67 »

I am looking for a second hand mini fridge in working order.

Something like this would be ideal...
Advertisement
CamboQuick Cambodia Amazon Shipping
A10
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Wanted - second hand mini Fridge

Post by A10 »

When I was out shopping last week, I found the 2nd hand units were only 20-30$ cheaper than a new Electrolux unit. The Electrolux version was $130 at one of those "Panasonic, Midea, Samsung" multibrand stores.

The new unit was also an auto defrost (which is what I didn't want), but it looked pretty good for what it was. If it had been a freezer I would have bought the new one no question over a used one, my used freezer has been terrible.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

A10 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:45 am The new unit was also an auto defrost
Ding ding says my autotuned RickyBobby radar.
A10
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by A10 »

fax wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:55 am
A10 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:45 am The new unit was also an auto defrost
Ding ding says my autotuned RickyBobby radar.
??
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

A10 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 7:45 am When I was out shopping last week, I found the 2nd hand units were only 20-30$ cheaper than a new Electrolux unit. The Electrolux version was $130 at one of those "Panasonic, Midea, Samsung" multibrand stores.

The new unit was also an auto defrost (which is what I didn't want), but it looked pretty good for what it was. If it had been a freezer I would have bought the new one no question over a used one, my used freezer has been terrible.
If the difference is so slight I would buy a new one. As a rule of (my) thumb, domestic electrical stuff should be 30-50% of the new price with the 50% bracket reserved for very nearly new. On that basis I think a new one would be better. It is a gift for someone and I don't want to have to deal with failures and repairs and food losses...

Thanks for the help...
A10
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by A10 »

A new one also looks a LOT better when giving it to someone, with it being shiny, having a warranty card, and all that plastic wrap and boxing, etc.
A10
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by A10 »

Just happened to be out on unexpected shopping errand today and stopped at the Sony/Panasonic store on Sihanouk road across from Lucky Supermarket.

Midea (Japanese brand) mini fridge was $120, slightly bigger different brand was $140. Only difference from the pic is that they were all silver (no white or black for some reason).
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

A10 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:17 am Just happened to be out on unexpected shopping errand today and stopped at the Sony/Panasonic store on Sihanouk road across from Lucky Supermarket.

Midea (Japanese brand) mini fridge was $120, slightly bigger different brand was $140. Only difference from the pic is that they were all silver (no white or black for some reason).
Midea is 100% Chinese.
"Founded in 1968 in Guangdong, China, Midea has now established a global platform... "
http://www.midea.com/global/about_midea/overview/
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
A10
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by A10 »

chkwoot wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:26 am
A10 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:17 am Midea (Japanese brand)...
Midea is 100% Chinese.
"Founded in 1968 in Guangdong, China, Midea has now established a global platform... "
Oops, I apologize. I should have checked what the sales person told me.
chkwoot
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by chkwoot »

A10 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:06 am
chkwoot wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:26 am
A10 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:17 am Midea (Japanese brand)...
Midea is 100% Chinese.
Oops, I apologize. I should have checked what the sales person told me.
No problemo. Some people still believe that Akira products are manufactured by Sony.
I am sooooo very sorry if you can't understand or appreciate my sarcastic facetiousness.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic