Has anyone taken a Khmer to Hong Kong?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Has anyone taken a Khmer to Hong Kong?

Post by xandreu »

Quite confusing and conflicting info online with regards to visa's. Or maybe I'm just too stupid to put the right search terms into Google. Probably the latter. Every website I click on seems to give conflicting advice to the last website I tried.....

We're just looking to go for a few days, 3 or 4 at the most.

Can anyone link to a legitimate website which might give us the info we need.

As a broader question, as a UK citizen, we have the FCO (Foreign and Commonwealth office) website which is a very quick and handy tool that tells you the entry requirements for any country. Does the Khmer government have anything similar that anyone knows of?

Thanks to those with any info....
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Has anyone taken a Khmer to Hong Kong?

Post by Jerry Atrick »

She (yeah, assuming gender) will need a visa.

Single or double entry short stay are her options.
Typhoon28
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Typhoon28 »

We went to an agent in pp, had to submit a few supporting documents but nothing too complicated.

Sent from my LLD-L21 using Tapatalk

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

good tool;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requ ... n_citizens

Take her to Singapore..direct flights, great shopping an things to do and 30 day visa exempt stamp on arrival :-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

I took my girlfriend to Hong Kong last year. Used the travel agency across the street from Larry's. Just provided itinerary, hotel reservation, flight bookings. No issue. No bank account or employment info required. My girlfriend had visited other countries before, including Macau, and always returned to Cambodia, not sure if that's something they look at.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Took my Cambodian missus to HK. Used local tour company to get her visa. Was easy and fast.

Loved HK levels, Disney, eating at Din tai Fung for soup dumplings, drink draft Guinness
LaudJohn
Expatriate

Post by LaudJohn »

Done it twice.2006 and 2018 with different women. Both times just dropped off the passport at Lucky Lucky with the fee and nothing else.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Super easy, barely an inconvenience. Applied direct at Chinese embassy, visa done in 1-2 days. Agencies also even easier probably for a few more bucks.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic