Let's play the KOW Two sentence rule game.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Let's play the KOW Two sentence rule game.

Post by xandreu »

You can only write two sentences. One positive and one negative about being an expat in the wonderful Kingdom of Wonder. The only rule is that each must be condensed into one single sentence.

Mine:

Positive: A sense of freedom without the fickle fingers of government wanting to know your every move, transaction, association and lifestyle.

Negative: Sheer disrespect and disregard of the rules of the road.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Cinnamoncat
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Let's play the KOW Two sentence rule game.

Post by Cinnamoncat »

Positive: If you're friendly, there's a strong sense of camaraderie among friends; they often will do more for you than your own family might, especially in case of emergency.

Negative: The healthcare is really iffy, and certain treatable injuries in other places, say Thailand, may be fatal in KOW.
"Love and Loss in Cambodia: a memoir" available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578537788
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

Positive: I don 't speak the language and am left out of a lot of conversations.

Negative: I don 't speak the language and am left out of a lot of conversations.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Positive : having the hell of a professional experience here.

Negative : looked at as a desperado when coming back working to homeland.
Deefer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Deefer »

Positive: Many warm and friendly people that would give you the shirt off of their back if you needed it.

Negative: Not enough concrete road dividers.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Positive: Handsome man.

Negative: Not enough money to stay handsome.
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

Anthony's Weiner wrote:Positive: I don 't speak the language and am left out of a lot of conversations.

Negative: I don 't speak the language and am left out of a lot of conversations.
This one is gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic