Theresa May Resigns as UK Prime Minister

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Theresa May Resigns as UK Prime Minister

Post by Kammekor »

Phnom Poon wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:17 am
xandreu wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:56 pm Democracy doesn't exist to allow the populous to shove aside those with minority views, lifestyles or backgrounds. It's there specifically to defend the minorities.
Where do you get that idea?
In a 'true' democracy, If the mob/majority wish to castrate all gay men, that is what would happen
With modern communication technology we're starting to probe the limits and validity of democracy
Certainly of capitalism
If this would happen in the UK no gay men would be castrated, because this 'majority' would be unable to agree on any detail about the castration.
JUDGEDREDD
Expatriate
Christmas Island

Post by JUDGEDREDD »

She cried as she lost power, at no other point during any other tragedy did she seem remotely somber
Slow down little world, you're changing too fast.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

JUDGEDREDD wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:18 pm She cried as she lost power, at no other point during any other tragedy did she seem remotely somber
I doubt she cried because she lost power.
My view is she cried because she gave her all to something in challenging times while others made her job even more challenging, and at the end, having wanted to succeed, perhaps a little for herself, but more from good work ethic, passion and care factor she wasn't able to.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

^^ You're projecting. Succeed at what? Stopping Brexit?

She cried because, well, she's a woman and that's what they do. I hope she saved some tears for all the families who have lost loved ones as a result of ending "stop and search." She was a terrible Home Secretary and an even worse Prime Minister. Time for some balls!
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

RogueAnt wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:09 pm ^^ You're projecting. Succeed at what? Stopping Brexit?

She cried because, well, she's a woman and that's what they do. I hope she saved some tears for all the families who have lost loved ones as a result of ending "stop and search." She was a terrible Home Secretary and an even worse Prime Minister. Time for some balls!
I am projecting but the poster before me isn't. Biased much?

You talk as though she was the one who bought the UK to Brexit in the first place.

Your colours are showing. All women cry and men don't? I guess Biden and Obama aren't men.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Is Christopher Pyne a woman? Is crying what women do and men don't do?
RogueAnt
Expatriate
French Polynesia

Post by RogueAnt »

You seem to have had an "emotional" response to my post. I never mentioned men but now I will. In general, yes, women cry more than men. It wasn't a judgement.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

RogueAnt wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:38 pm You seem to have had an "emotional" response to my post. I never mentioned men but now I will. In general, yes, women cry more than men. It wasn't a judgement.
Haha. Bias again. No emotion of the type you are imagining. I just said what I thought. No different to what you just did.
No point saying more as you do not see.
Jcml19
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Jcml19 »

xandreu wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:56 pm

Teresa May was given an impossible job, but she was the ONLY one prepared to take it on. Boris, Gove, Farage (even though he's not actually part of the government, although he likes to act as he is) all did a runner when the Brexit vote was announced. Why? Because their fragile ego's couldn't deal with such a toxic issue as Brexit. They knew what was to come and the only person who was prepared to stand up to the plate was Teresa May.
Agreed... It was a tough az position to be in and a no win situation.. economically there will be a lot of pain and politically it was going to doom her regardless the direction she went... The other peeps did what they did for their own political gain and when reality set in, they bolted for the door saying it was not their fault hahah
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Next Conservative Party leader
Ladbrokes;

Boris Johnson 2.00 (even money)
Dominic Raab 7.00
David Lidington 11.00
Michael Gove 11.00
Andrea Leadsom 13.00