Visiting Koh Rong Sanloem

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Visiting Koh Rong Sanloem

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Recent blogger report.

Koh Rong Sanloem : The Complete Travel Guide
Steph May 23, 2019 Asia, CAMBODIA, Off the Beaten Track

Koh Rong Sanloem - Complete Travel Guide

“Welcome to paradise!”

That’s likely to be the greeting you’ll hear when you first step foot on Koh Rong Sanloem… and it’s not far wrong!

Because it has to be said this place is pretty damn idyllic!

From the azure blue ocean that gently laps at the white sand shores, to the green jungle richness that backs the coast to, quite frankly, one of the most chilled vibes I’ve ever experienced in my traveller career – this is the spot in Cambodia as far as I’m convinced.

And you know what I mean by the spot right?!

In the same way Byron Bay is the spot on east coast of Australia, Golden Bay is the spot in New Zealand, Little Corn Island is the spot in Nicaragua and Chefchaouen is the spot in Morocco, Koh Rong Sanloem is the spot in Cambodia – yeah you know what I’m talking about, so read on to learn more…

Where is Koh Rong Sanloem?

Koh Rong Sanloem is a small island off the southern coast of Cambodia in the Gulf of Thailand.

There’s actually a collection of islands here – including the slightly larger Koh Rong and some other tiny ones – but I’m going to suggest you visit Koh Rong Sanloem, which has the perfect balance of being small enough to feel hidden, but larger enough to meet other people and have a good time.
As such, it’s often compared to the Thai islands in terms of its appearance, but is known for having far less tourists and being a little bit more laidback / behind / less developed – all plus points in my book when I’m looking for a tropical island getaway to be honest!
http://www.bigworldsmallpockets.com/koh-rong-sanloem/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram