Cheapest New and used smart phones in phnom penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cheapest New and used smart phones in phnom penh

Post by beaker »

beaker wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:11 pm
beaker wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:36 am
chkwoot wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:19 am
beaker wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:26 am Hard to find a cheaper phone than this one $35. brand new
That is cheap! But, I can't find any info about a FIGI M1 smartphone on the internet. I can't even find this phone on NIKA's website: https://nika.com.kh/en/ It's probably a generic that has been re-branded. Any idea of the manufacturer and specs? NIKA does sell some cheap "Sugar" branded phones. Another new one I've never heard of.

here are the specs I know about:

- screen IPS 5.0 " Inch HD
-CPU Quad Core 1.3Ghz
- RAM 1 GB
- Memory 8 GB can add micro SD to 64 g
- battery 2000 mah
-Camera 8MP (rear)+ 5MP (Front)
- face recognition, ir blaster (so it can be used as a remote control for tv or air con.)
-Fingerprint scanner
Ok wife has returned with the $35 Figi M1. First off the info from facebook about it having fingerprint recognition was not correct .
This is a great phone at even twice the price running android 7. I would recommend anyone wanting a very cheap but capable little smart phone to go get one. It even has GPS and Google maps, khmer lunar calendar and Phum english/khmer dictionary
. For a 1G phone I didn't expected it to preform like it does the only thing this little phone can't do is complex gaming.
edit- My 5 year old doesn't use the phone for calls so you will have to check that out for yourself but should be fine.
This is a new player on the market it is my experience that they usually start out with a strong and bargain product.
Here is the web site for info:
http://figi-sz.com/
The $35 model is the Mone/Hula* select the picture of that phone and it will take you to the page with specs.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cheapest New and used smart phones in phnom penh

Post by timmydownawell »

beaker wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:36 am
here are the specs I know about:

- screen IPS 5.0 " Inch HD
-CPU Quad Core 1.3Ghz
- RAM 1 GB
- Memory 8 GB can add micro SD to 64 g
- battery 2000 mah
-Camera 8MP (rear)+ 5MP (Front)
- face recognition, ir blaster (so it can be used as a remote control for tv or air con.)
-Fingerprint scanner
Pretty low specs as you would expect at that price. IR blaster is handy in a phone though.

Biggest issue with phones like this is if you have multiple apps running in the background all the time they soon get very slow and constant "running out of space" messages.

I have FB Messenger, Viber, Whatsapp - and even Instagram has messaging built in - so these are constantly running and hogging the system, along with email. IMO it's not worth buying a new phone for less than $150 because the specs just don't stand up.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic