Florida Man RUGH J CLINE (Lawyer) Arrested for Child Sex Crimes in Siem Reap, Cambodia (UPDATED)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Florida Man RUGH J CLINE (Lawyer) Arrested for Child Sex Crimes in Siem Reap, Cambodia (UPDATED)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia Breaking News (Siem Reap): On May 20, an American tourist, RUGH JAMES CLINE, was arrested on child sex charges related to accusations that he picked up to two young girls near Pub Street and took them back to his hotel for sexual services.

ImageImage

Rugh J Cline is a practicing lawyer in Tampa, Florida but was born in New Jersey on September 18, 1980, making him 38 years old.

On May 18, the department of human trafficking and minors protection, received the complaint from the two victim's mother's, Roth Nawan, 43 year old woman, and Soeung Em, 34 year old woman. Here are blurred images of the victims:

ImageImage

The victims said they met the suspect in Pub Street area. He took them to where he was staying, where he paid them to perform sex acts on him." Afterwards, he give them $120 to share. He had done this with the same girls 3 times.

After receiving the information, Mr. Chea Heng, director of the department of human trafficking and minors protection, reported to the persecutor to arrest the American suspect. The suspect was arrested and denied the allegations. Rugh said he only knew the victims and gave them some money, but that nothing sexual happened between them.

Mr. Cline entered Cambodia on May 7 from Vietnam and already filled out his immigration departure card saying that he was flying to Beijing, China after his alleged sex tourism holiday was finished.

Rugh J Cline is in good standing with the Florida bar, but has also been arrested in Texas back in 2003 for possession of drug paraphernalia, when he listed his address at the time as San Marcos, Texas.

His Texas mugshot:

Here's a link to the information of his arrest in Texas:

https://mugshots.com/US-Counties/Texas/ ... 13430.html

And a link to his LinkedIn profile:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/rugh-j-cline-a4662228
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Florida Man RUGH J CLINE (Lawyer) Arrested for Child Sex Crimes in Siem Reap, Cambodia

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

No mistaking the figure in the photo for an adult, that is obviously a child. The lawyer has opened a door to a world of hurt. It will be a while before he hits the links at Palma Ceia Golf and Country Club. MF
whatwat
Expatriate
Hong Kong

Re: Florida Man RUGH J CLINE (Lawyer) Arrested for Child Sex Crimes in Siem Reap, Cambodia

Post by whatwat »

Terrible.

(Oh I’m back!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t listen to Chinese whispers.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Oh, is he gonna do a Clinton...."I did not have sex with those children" :facepalm:
Glauco83
Expatriate
Italy

Post by Glauco83 »

Hope will stay long time in jail... But if he has money go outs in one year😒
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Why is CEOCambodiaNews saying he was arrested in Florida? I never posted that.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

Same man, but little bit different story.
See:https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50606634/a ... our-girls/
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

He appears to be guilty as fuxk.

One of those young girls pictured has tats on her arms. Maybe a vulnerable person.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Cam Nivag wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:31 pm Why is CEOCambodiaNews saying he was arrested in Florida? I never posted that.
LoL, it's like flipping a coin. If someone was arrested in the US, 50% chance it was in one of 49 States or US territories, and a 50% chance it was in Florida. And probably another 50% chance that if you don't find charges in Florida, it's only because you're not looking hard enough. (Thanks, edited.)
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:40 pm He appears to be guilty as fuxk.

One of those young girls pictured has tats on her arms. Maybe a vulnerable person.
The guy is a piece of shit and I hope they throw the book at him.

I wouldn't say the girl has a tattoo though. It may be, it could also be a sharpie, marker or something similar. It looks a bit too dark to me to believe it's a tat. Something tells me their parents have a part in this with their parenting and that they may not be purely innocent naive little girls. I hope they receive some type of education. If they are caught in a similar scenario in the future I hope they get punished in some way.
Last edited by Ravensnest on Wed May 22, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still here, in country...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic