Florida Man RUGH J CLINE (Lawyer) Arrested for Child Sex Crimes in Siem Reap, Cambodia (UPDATED)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Florida Man RUGH J CLINE (Lawyer) Arrested for Child Sex Crimes in Siem Reap, Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

I don't get this, wouldn't the hotel/guesthouse notice and think it's a little strange for two children to be marching through the reception with a giant, maybe I'm a bit behind the times but if I was working the reception I'd be asking " What the f66k are you doing taking children to your room".
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Re: Florida Man RUGH J CLINE (Lawyer) Arrested for Child Sex Crimes in Siem Reap, Cambodia

Post by Sidewalker »

DaveG wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:46 pm I don't get this, wouldn't the hotel/guesthouse notice and think it's a little strange for two children to be marching through the reception with a giant, maybe I'm a bit behind the times but if I was working the reception I'd be asking " What the f66k are you doing taking children to your room".
According the Khmertimes he lived in a rented house and the mother of the two girls, made a complaint by the police.
Last edited by Sidewalker on Wed May 22, 2019 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Sidewalker wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:07 pm
DaveG wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:46 pm I don't get this, wouldn't the hotel/guesthouse notice and think it's a little strange for two children to be marching through the reception with a giant, maybe I'm a bit behind the times but if I was working the reception I'd be asking " What the f66k are you doing taking children to your room".
According the Khmertimes he lived in a rented house and the mother of one of the girls. made a complaint by the police.
That would explain it, the OP stated hotel and 3 occasions.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

This guy was, barring his minor drug offence from his youth, a fine upstanding citizen.
He would have had no trouble clearing a background check...... and he was a nonce all that time!

Criminal record checks only prevent those who have already been caught and found guilty from working with children.... It begs the question how many are working with children but haven't been caught yet.

PS: i know he wasn't here working with kids but someone like him could well be here already. Pause for thought moment was all.
leitfaden
Expatriate
Germany

Post by leitfaden »

what happen in cambodia to this Kind of pedo MF ?

How many years prison they give them ?
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

According to the Khmer Times this is his second visit to KOW this year and he is now charged with sexual abuse of 4 girls under 15 years of age. POS
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Post by Cam Nivag »

Anthony's Weiner wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:49 pm According to the Khmer Times this is his second visit to KOW this year and he is now charged with sexual abuse of 4 girls under 15 years of age. POS
Yes, his Facebook page shows a photo of him in Angkor Wat in late February, and then he was in Vietnam in April and returned to Cambodia in May.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

Cam Nivag wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:59 pm
Anthony's Weiner wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:49 pm According to the Khmer Times this is his second visit to KOW this year and he is now charged with sexual abuse of 4 girls under 15 years of age. POS
Yes, his Facebook page shows a photo of him in Angkor Wat in late February, and then he was in Vietnam in April and returned to Cambodia in May.
Cell phone?
Or perhaps more than one lawyer specializing in Florida
Last edited by Phnom Poon on Wed May 22, 2019 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monstra mihi bona!
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

I am really surprised that a lawyer would do this. He should know the consequences. He obviously though he would not get caught, or there is something more to the story we are not being told.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

explorer wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:05 pm I am really surprised that a lawyer would do this. He should know the consequences. He obviously though he would not get caught, or there is something more to the story we are not being told.
You are surprised by what ? The man is a pedophile, whatever his job. Those girls look like children. You could not mistake them for adult women. He lured children to his house to have sex with them.
What do you think that we are not being told here ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic