Medication to help with concentration and alertness.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Medication to help with concentration and alertness.

Post by Nicolas »

The result you get with Modafinil is a higher focus on boring tasks. You don’t get distracted from chores, work, meetings etc.
No excitation or energy boost, just the will to make things done. Really amazing, it’s a treatment for narcolepsy. I hope the pills you got are not from a too old batch. Expire date is around 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Medication to help with concentration and alertness.

Post by newkidontheblock »

US Military has it’s pilots take Modafinil on their long distance combat flights. Flying for hours of nothingness before and after hitting the combat zone. Keeps them from falling asleep.
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

Now your problem can be a low level of testosterone. It’s more and more commun.
A $15 blood test for testosterone level will tell you exactly. Low testosterone would explain low energy, sleepiness, lack of will power, even depression, and a lower libido than usual.

Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

newkidontheblock wrote:US Military has it’s pilots take Modafinil on their long distance combat flights. Flying for hours of nothingness before and after hitting the combat zone. Keeps them from falling asleep.
Google “astronaut modafinil” and you can tag space pilotes too.

xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Nicolas wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 8:04 pm Now your problem can be a low level of testosterone. It’s more and more commun.
A $15 blood test for testosterone level will tell you exactly. Low testosterone would explain low energy, sleepiness, lack of will power, even depression, and a lower libido than usual.

If you mean me, you might be right. I had a friend a few years back who took testosterone regularly (I think he injected it? - is that how you take it?) and I remember him describing his symptoms to me which sounded quite similar to how I often feel. I did plan on getting myself checked but wasn't sure how (I was travelling through Thailand at the time) and it kind of got forgotten about.

But if it's a case of a quick blood test, can any clinic do it? It might be worth checking out. Thanks.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

All clinics sub to local laboratories for blood test, like the one on street 148 not far from crossroad with street 51.
Go early in the morning before breakfast, cross on the paper what you want to analysis, give your email address and get your results same day before 5pm.

They are a few TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) clinics in Thailand.

Most people self inject, easy and painless. Keywords to YouTube: TRT, sustanon, etc
Many forums too.

Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

chemists are always obliging us with new candy

rather than take this junk, it is better to examine why you are getting bored

whether you should have so many boring tasks in your life at all

take as few drugs as possible

otherwise you won't know whether you are you or the drug
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Most people self inject, easy and painless.
Andriol gelcaps at pharmacie dela gare
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

nemo wrote:
Most people self inject, easy and painless.
Andriol gelcaps at pharmacie dela gare
A lot of YouTube’s to explain the difference between gel, under skin pallet and injections.
Pros and cons

Seems like Pharmacie de la Gare has everything, truly amazing.

Local pharmacies sells Sustanon (a blend of fast and slow release testosterone) under $9 for injection.

Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

xandreu wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:26 pm
Artisan wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:55 pm After almost two years since posted, did the drugs work? Was it what you were looking for? Share your experiences for the like-minded.
Unbelievably, you're right. It was 2 years ago when I first made this thread.

Anyway, I kind of forgot about it until @Nicolas replied out of the blue a couple of days ago.

I bought the Modafinil 200g that he recommended and took one yesterday. I didn't feel as if it had much of an effect on me to be honest, but then again, I often have to take double the average persons dose of most medications before they work on me. I've done some limited research on it online and most people do seem to speak highly of it so I think it's just me. It's purpose is to keep you awake and alert when you're feeling tired, so if you're not naturally tired when you take it, maybe it just do

I will probably give it another shot with a bigger dose next time I actually feel tired and need to get work done.
So, did you notice an improvement?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic