German Backpacker (CARSTEN METH) is Missing in Phnom Penh, Cambodia & His Girlfriend is Worried

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: German Backpacker (CARSTEN METH) is Missing in Phnom Penh, Cambodia & His Girlfriend is Worried

Post by canucklhead »

General Mackevili wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:54 am
atst wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:50 pm So what
Now maybe this helps and someone will recognise him and update to his whereabouts
Not everything posted on CEO should be open for sly remarks
Bump, just hoping someone manages to find Meth in Phnom Penh as soon as possible.
Good one
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: German Backpacker (CARSTEN METH) is Missing in Phnom Penh, Cambodia & His Girlfriend is Worried

Post by atst »

General Mackevili wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:54 am
atst wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:50 pm So what
Now maybe this helps and someone will recognise him and update to his whereabouts
Not everything posted on CEO should be open for sly remarks
Bump, just hoping someone manages to find Meth in Phnom Penh as soon as possible.
Sad pun coming from someone of your stature in this supposedly helpful informative community or as many people I've spoken to CEO has become a joke
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
mouytiet
Expatriate
Cook Islands

Post by mouytiet »

Poor fella just tried to have a quiet dirty weekend away and someone plasters him all over the internet for the world and family to see !!, "its ok !, been with a friend in Shitsville for cple of days" !!!
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Boy. Remind me to let my family know that if ever I go missing, not to ask for information on CEO.

I know people like to make light of everything here, and there's nothing wrong with that, but let's not forget that people don't usually put out these appeals unless they're seriously worried about someone's welfare.

Just sayin'.

I hope he's found safe and well.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

maybe he is just trying to escape his gf
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

"Meth" is NEVER a German family-name! NEVER in 1000 years, total BS!!!!!!!!!!!
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

I dunno. I just googled "Hans" and "Meth"
markd
Expatriate
Zimbabwe

Post by markd »

what about carsten methoffer
alexvanlaar wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:13 am "Meth" is NEVER a German family-name! NEVER in 1000 years, total BS!!!!!!!!!!!
thru shit to more shit
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

frank lee bent wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:56 am Street 172 would be a good starting point
Followed by a dredging of the Tonle Sap from Koh Pich to Chroy Changvar bridge.

Sounds like the gf is missing her financial support.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

alexvanlaar wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:13 am "Meth" is NEVER a German family-name! NEVER in 1000 years, total BS!!!!!!!!!!!
Uh, yes it is:

Mattutat / Mett / Mette / Mattick / Mattke / Mattner / Mattulat / Mattukat / Matutis / Mattutis / Mattejat / Meth / Mettin / Metschies / Metschulat ...
Herkunft Ostpreußen; Berufsnamen für einen Vermesser, Baumeister und ähnliches zu sch matai (in dem Maße), metan, mettan (Jahr), metas (das Maß), Mettele (heidnisch-religiöses Jahresfest); zu preußisch-litauisch matuti (messen); zu litauisch matyti (sehen), macius, maczius (Längen- und Hohlmaß, die Metze = 1/16 Scheffel); zu lettisch mets (erster Entwurf, Skizze, Beschaffenheit, Alter); zu nehrungs-kurisch met (Jahr)
Mattutat (1700), Mett (1708)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic