WARNING to everyone Shocking Shower

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: WARNING to everyone Shocking Shower

Post by Cam Nivag »

andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

[media][url=https:]Image[/media]
:bigeyes: Check out the wiring on this one,it even had the fan spliced into the power feed with just insulating tape wrapped around it :crazy: :crazy: .
I took a sponge bath in the basin rarther than risk it. :wtf:
Last edited by andy1 on Tue May 21, 2019 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

This is typical of almost all of the problems facing Cambodia. There is no accounability. There is nobody above people who's job it is to see that jobs are done corretly and within the law, who also has the power to punish, or remove their ability to do future work when they fall foul of what should be pretty basic standards.

You see it everywhere, from the way the police operate to the way building regulations work and as in this case, electric installations.

I can't see things changing anytime soon unfortunately.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

And another one this time in Laos :crazy: [media]Image[]2016-03-26 16.17.52[/url] by [/media]
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

There are a lot of clean corpses in SEA.
You could be next.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

John Bingham wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:40 pm
beaker wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:12 pm grounding is not that difficult to do, basically it is a copper rod pounded into the ground with a wire connected to you system
I've wired up a few places but I'm no expert on electricity, as far as I know it can be very dangerous to put in an earth on a local system which is working on a double-insulated system. If any actual electricians are on here maybe they can chime in?
I've wired up a few places but I'm no expert on electricity,,

That is what the problem is, anybody and everybody just bodges up things they have very little or no knowledge on, shouldn't f88k about with either gas or electricity if they don't know what they are doing.
Just checked my consumer unit before jumping in the shower!!, not an RCD in sight, place is a death trap, it has a built in ELCB but certainly wouldn't put all my trust in that. :o
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic