British Woman CLAIRE LEMASURIER Wants You to Give Her £20,000 on GoFundMe for Holiday to Cambodia & Beyond

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

British Woman CLAIRE LEMASURIER Wants You to Give Her £20,000 on GoFundMe for Holiday to Cambodia & Beyond

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Claire Lemasurier from Tavistock, South West England, United Kingdom is £280 closer to raising 20,000 for one very fun adventure!

From her GoFundMe page:

I'm taking on 6 arduous expeditions in one year for St Luke's Hospice starting in April 2019 and finishing in April 2020.

I will be starting on Machu Picchu, Mount Elbrus, Everest base camp, Kilimanjaro then to cycle Vietnam to Cambodia and to finish off trekking in Malawi where I would like to offer the chance for any budding treckers to come with me on my last trek to raise money for St Luke's Hospice Plymouth.

www.thisgirlcantrek.co.uk
Instagram/ Facebook thisgirlcantrek

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: British Woman CLAIRE LEMASURIER Wants You to Give Her £20,000 on GoFundMe for Holiday to Cambodia & Beyond

Post by xandreu »

Should you choose to donate to St Luke's Hospice Plymouth, without contributing to this freeloader's lifestyle, here's the link.

https://www.stlukes-hospice.org.uk/donations/
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: British Woman CLAIRE LEMASURIER Wants You to Give Her £20,000 on GoFundMe for Holiday to Cambodia & Beyond

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

xandreu wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:15 pm Should you choose to donate to St Luke's Hospice Plymouth, without contributing to this freeloader's lifestyle, here's the link.

Freeloader??

Jeez some people are sour at the world ain't they.
Pathetic nay sayers.

Good luck Claire - you are a hero in my book.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:30 pm
xandreu wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 7:15 pm Should you choose to donate to St Luke's Hospice Plymouth, without contributing to this freeloader's lifestyle, here's the link.

Freeloader??

Pathetic nay sayers.

This is sarcasm... please tell me this is sarcasm.
If not how is asking for 20k to fund what essentially amounts to a Holliday makes someone a hero?
So unless she is donating the 20k and funding the trips herself this is very much a freeloader... albeit one with good intentions.

On a positive note.. it would seem that she raised less than £300 from 10 people in 9 months so either the cause wasn’t just or they just figured she was a freeloader. And so her “fundraiser” has maybe reverted back to being a holiday.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

IraHayes wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 12:55 am
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:30 pm

Freeloader??

Pathetic nay sayers.

This is sarcasm... please tell me this is sarcasm.
If not how is asking for 20k to fund what essentially amounts to a Holliday makes someone a hero?
Hey Ira, thanks for the Q's. No, not sarcasm.
Too late now for a serious discussion on charity initiatives, I'll get back to you tomorrow.

I will congratulate you though, on your extremely lofty definition of a "holiday".
kritsana77
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by kritsana77 »

Yes please donate for me
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

I recently flew from Vietnam to San Diego, embarked on the Volendam and cruised down to Lima where disembarked and went to: Cusco, Machu Picchu, La Paz, Santiago...and down to Ushuaia. Then, I cruised from 'Cape to Cape' on the Silver Cloud: The Falklands, South Georgia, Tristan da Cunha, Gough & Nightingale Is. and into Cape Town... from where I flew back to Vietnam. It wasn't cheap and I paid for it myself.

Please send what ever you want to your favourite charity.
You could be next.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Cruisemonkey wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:08 am I recently flew embarked cruised disembarked
Then, I cruised
from where I flew.
So you didn't walk, run or climb like Claire.
And you did it for yourself, not like Claire.

Jeez, what's all the gnarliness about someone trying to raise money for a bloody hospital for God's sake?
It cost money, and it often raises significant amounts.
Would you prefer the tax payer alone pays for your hospitals? Instead of passing the hat around.

And Claire is putting a lot more blood sweat and guts into this than any of us are ever likely to do on our holidays - or for a charity.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

There are two kinds of people in my book. Those that put shit on people raising money for hospitals - and those that don't.

Full stop, i'm going to bed - 'too grumpy and i might get worse.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Post by Cruisemonkey »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:26 am So you didn't walk, run or climb like Claire.
You don't know what I did in the places I went to.

How's Claire getting from 'A' to 'B' (and 'C' etc.) ? I'm pretty sure she's not rowing from England to Peru!
You could be next.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic