Ricky Bobby has Left the Building

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
User avatar
General Mackevili
The General
Posts: 16501
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 1547
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Ricky Bobby has Left the Building

Post by General Mackevili » Sat May 18, 2019 2:20 pm

From time to time we permanban people on CEO. It's always a tough call. Our only objective is to keep this place fun and friendly with good members. After thoroughly reviewing numerous posts by him both here and elsewhere, we firmly believe he is not a character we ever want on CEO. Some have even pointed out that he sometimes speaks in a 'coded' way, and at first I thought that was absolute tin hat conspiracy nonsense, but after looking at the whole picture, that would not actually surprise me. We encourage all sorts of points of views on CEO, but there is a line and I believe Ricky Bobby crosses it and will continue to cross it if permitted to stay active on here. And by no means do I want this to turn into a witch hunt, but many people have pointed out (both publicly and privately) some of the strange stances he takes on certain issues, and although a few people wrongly had him identified as someone else, I am positive he has now been identified as someone with a history of going online to push a very sick and twisted narrative, and CEO is not a place for that.

I am in no position to say more, but to those who first got on his track, thanks for bringing it to our attention even though you had him wrongly identified, but since then he has been identified, and I think we can agree that he's simply bad news. And I personally apologize for not acting quicker, but you guys did have him wrongly identified, so it was difficult to see your point of view, knowing for sure you were already wrong about who he even was. And to those who don't follow this all and might think this seems a bit harsh/over the top to ban him, I can only say that I truly think that if you saw the whole picture you would have no issue whatsoever with our decision.

And I'm only addressing this as I consider this to be one of those rare times that we have to make a crucial decision for the good of the community and aren't able to reveal more info about it, so I do understand if it seems 'odd' that we would feel the need to do ban someone who has often seemed like a great contributor by some.

That is all.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
violet
Expatriate
Posts: 981
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 3:48 pm
Reputation: 301

Re: Ricky Bobby has Left the Building

Post by violet » Sat May 18, 2019 2:33 pm

General Mackevili wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 2:20 pm
From time to time we permanban people on CEO. It's always a tough call. Our only objective is to keep this place fun and friendly with good members. After thoroughly reviewing numerous posts by him both here and elsewhere, we firmly believe he is not a character we ever want on CEO. Some have even pointed out that he sometimes speaks in a 'coded' way, and at first I thought that was absolute tin hat conspiracy nonsense, but after looking at the whole picture, that would not actually surprise me. We encourage all sorts of points of views on CEO, but there is a line and I believe Ricky Bobby crosses it and will continue to cross it if permitted to stay active on here. And by no means do I want this to turn into a witch hunt, but many people have pointed out (both publicly and privately) some of the strange stances he takes on certain issues, and although a few people wrongly had him identified as someone else, I am positive he has now been identified as someone with a history of going online to push a very sick and twisted narrative, and CEO is not a place for that.

I am in no position to say more, but to those who first got on his track, thanks for bringing it to our attention even though you had him wrongly identified, but since then he has been identified, and I think we can agree that he's simply bad news. And I personally apologize for not acting quicker, but you guys did have him wrongly identified, so it was difficult to see your point of view, knowing for sure you were already wrong about who he even was. And to those who don't follow this all and might think this seems a bit harsh/over the top to ban him, I can only say that I truly think that if you saw the whole picture you would have no issue whatsoever with our decision.

And I'm only addressing this as I consider this to be one of those rare times that we have to make a crucial decision for the good of the community and aren't able to reveal more info about it, so I do understand if it seems 'odd' that we would feel the need to do ban someone who has often seemed like a great contributor by some.

That is all.

I'm interested in knowing how you can know for sure that rickybobby wasn't a named person and yet need some time to figure out who he really was.

If it isn't because you didn't know who ricky bobby was for the longest time then the logical conclusion is that you have been in contact with the person posters did think he was.
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 9326
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 1742
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: Ricky Bobby has Left the Building

Post by phuketrichard » Sat May 18, 2019 2:42 pm

:thumb:
He has been on my ignore list for ages
BUT what does perma ban mean
Trapper comes back after being perma banned how many times ???

He is like a cancer sore, just cant get rid of it no matter what u do..
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
General Mackevili
The General
Posts: 16501
Joined: Tue May 06, 2014 5:24 pm
Reputation: 1547
Location: The Kingdom
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Ricky Bobby has Left the Building

Post by General Mackevili » Sat May 18, 2019 2:44 pm

violet wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 2:33 pm
I'm interested in knowing how you can know for sure that rickybobby wasn't a named person and yet need some time to figure out who he really was.

If it isn't because you didn't know who ricky bobby was for the longest time then the logical conclusion is that you have been in contact with the person posters did think he was.
That's a pretty simple situation. If someone told me that 'Violet' was 69 year old geezer from Algeria, stated it like it was a fact, and then also said some other stuff, I would know they were completely wrong about the first part, casting serious doubt on the later part, right? Much easier to eliminate who someone certainly is not than it is to positively ID them. Again, some people raised some red flags but also said he was someone he wasn't. He was later identified, and then the whole, big picture made a lot more sense.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
User avatar
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Posts: 2772
Joined: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:51 pm
Reputation: 856
Australia

Re: Ricky Bobby has Left the Building

Post by rozzieoz » Sat May 18, 2019 2:54 pm

I met him a while ago, we went to Oscars on the Corner together. He told me I was the first person he’s met from online.

He seemed quite normal and pleasant - I was pretty shocked to read some of his shit after that.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
RobertPaulson
BANNED
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 3:16 pm
Reputation: 1
Congo

Re: Ricky Bobby has Left the Building

Post by RobertPaulson » Sat May 18, 2019 3:03 pm

Didnt someone from ToF point out he was a spy couple months ago?
violet
Expatriate
Posts: 981
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 3:48 pm
Reputation: 301

Re: Ricky Bobby has Left the Building

Post by violet » Sat May 18, 2019 3:07 pm

General Mackevili wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 2:44 pm
violet wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 2:33 pm
I'm interested in knowing how you can know for sure that rickybobby wasn't a named person and yet need some time to figure out who he really was.

If it isn't because you didn't know who ricky bobby was for the longest time then the logical conclusion is that you have been in contact with the person posters did think he was.
That's a pretty simple situation. If someone told me that 'Violet' was 69 year old geezer from Algeria, stated it like it was a fact, and then also said some other stuff, I would know they were completely wrong about the first part, casting serious doubt on the later part, right? Much easier to eliminate who someone certainly is not than it is to positively ID them. Again, some people raised some red flags but also said he was someone he wasn't. He was later identified, and then the whole, big picture made a lot more sense.
Ok. So you knew who he was . Had he told you that? As rozzieoz said, he'd only met her from the forums.


As for him being a spy. They say that about plenty of people. Take comments like that with a pinch of salt
User avatar
Cinnamoncat
Expatriate
Posts: 291
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:08 am
Reputation: 314
Contact:
United States of America

Re: Ricky Bobby has Left the Building

Post by Cinnamoncat » Sat May 18, 2019 3:09 pm

He's a decent guy. Honestly, I can think of a few more people on this forum who seem much more offensive.

I'd like to see some evidence.
"Love and Loss in Cambodia: a memoir" available on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578537788
User avatar
Username Taken
Raven
Posts: 10382
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 6:53 pm
Reputation: 1823
Contact:
Cambodia

Re: Ricky Bobby has Left the Building

Post by Username Taken » Sat May 18, 2019 3:09 pm

Violet, he himself has confirmed his identity to the General. No guessing games.
... give 'em a quick, short, sharp shock ...

https://BooksAboutCambodia.com
RobertPaulson
BANNED
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu May 16, 2019 3:16 pm
Reputation: 1
Congo

Re: Ricky Bobby has Left the Building

Post by RobertPaulson » Sat May 18, 2019 3:17 pm

violet wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 3:07 pm
General Mackevili wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 2:44 pm
violet wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 2:33 pm
I'm interested in knowing how you can know for sure that rickybobby wasn't a named person and yet need some time to figure out who he really was.

If it isn't because you didn't know who ricky bobby was for the longest time then the logical conclusion is that you have been in contact with the person posters did think he was.
That's a pretty simple situation. If someone told me that 'Violet' was 69 year old geezer from Algeria, stated it like it was a fact, and then also said some other stuff, I would know they were completely wrong about the first part, casting serious doubt on the later part, right? Much easier to eliminate who someone certainly is not than it is to positively ID them. Again, some people raised some red flags but also said he was someone he wasn't. He was later identified, and then the whole, big picture made a lot more sense.
Ok. So you knew who he was . Had he told you that? As rozzieoz said, he'd only met her from the forums.


As for him being a spy. They say that about plenty of people. Take comments like that with a pinch of salt
Rickybobby had an agenda and profiled people by asking personal information like criminal records, extreme Political and Religious views etc etc.

He was a spy.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 40 guests