How to get a Wife from Cambodia?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
woe wooder
Tourist
China

Re: how to get a wife from Cambodia?

Post by woe wooder »

hi,John Bingham,very sorry ,i mis-understood u.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

All good my friend.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
blerrr9
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by blerrr9 »

The question is
Can you handle Cambodian woman ?
YOLO

Follow your heart
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Re: How to get a Wife from Cambodia?

Post by RickyBobby »

I know of a widower, now happily married three years. Pretty much he went around to Guest Houses with his CV and letters of reference and announced his intentions; i.e. "I am seeking a willing partner to accompany me in marriage"

Pretty old fashioned and worked well.

OTOH, I also met mine on FB after she contacted and said hello. At the time I was not seeking for that. I did learn a lot by studying her photos on FB, because I saw she was tactile (always touching her friends) but not an attention seeker (never even looking at the camera or performing) shy and demure and definitely lovely on the eyes.

The rest of it I could see she had no interest in drama, re-posted almost nothing, and never spoke about her personal life. Good loyal friendships and well loved, with a solid family. I could see all that but of course it took me time to believe it.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

A lot of Cambodian girls have learnt Chinese, or are learning Chinese. Most of these speak Mandarin. There are schools throughout Cambodia teaching Chinese.

There are Chinese people who have been living in Cambodia for generations. For example, their great grandparents, or great great grandparents came from China. These speak various dialects of Chinese. I dont know of any with a family who originally spoke Mandarin. A small proportion originally spoke Cantonese. Most originally spoke other dialects. However, most of the children in these families study Mandarin.

It would be ideal for you to look for a girl who speaks Chinese.

I met a Cambodian girl who worked in Malaysia for several years. Most girls who work in Malaysia come back speaking English. This girl had a Chinese boss, and came back able to speak Chinese. I dont know which dialect. She cant read and write Chinese though. But she could learn to read and write it.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
explorer
Expatriate
Australia

Post by explorer »

If you marry a Cambodian girl, you may not automatically be able to stay in Cambodia. I dont know the rules for Chinese people.
## I thought I knew all the answers, but they changed all the questions. ##
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

some good tips here.
facebook is good to meet girls i agree.
also it is smart to be very direct that you are looking for a wife as stated above.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

explorer wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 5:36 am If you marry a Cambodian girl, you may not automatically be able to stay in Cambodia. I dont know the rules for Chinese people.
So what would be the extra conditions, beside coughing up the yearly visa fee?
The Suk Straggler
BANNED

Post by The Suk Straggler »

Dangerous Dave wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 4:45 pm
I met a positively amazing young woman here but it was entirely by accident: I wasn't looking for anything more involved or sordid than a flat sheet and a couple of pillows, and she happened to be the person whose turn it was to attend to the next customer.
You landed in Cambodia and went out to buy sheets and invited the sales clerk home to sleep in them? That's bold, I must try that move.
woe wooder
Tourist
China

Post by woe wooder »

hi, everyone, very thanks to all posts answering to my question.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic