CEO Meetup

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

CEO Meetup

Post by rozzieoz »

I would like to put some faces to names and share a drink.

I propose a CEO meet-up at Downstairs at Oscars.

Now - before you go accusing me of shamelessly promoting my new bar - when last did anyone organise a group get-together?
Not since I’ve been in PP and I moved 18 months ago. So since nobody else wants to, I’m going to.

I’ll organise some catering and the first beer will be my shout.

So - what night is best for everybody?

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: CEO Meetup

Post by Username Taken »

My mum told me it's not a good idea to meet up with people you meet online.

Just imagine if Brody turned up.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I’d love Brody to turn up!
God
Omnipotent
Cambodia

Post by God »

Username Taken wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:01 pm My mum told me it's not a good idea to meet up with people you meet online.

If I were you I would be more worried about God turning up.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:46 pm when last did anyone organise a group get-together?
Sometime before posters started to threaten to kill and hurt admin and each other. Remember KiR's bodyguard? Cambodia forums don't fuck around apparently.
Anthony's Weiner
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Anthony's Weiner »

If you are providing a free drink I imagine a number of posters are free anytime day or night, any day of the week.

However, if I were you I would expect these posters to complain about the service, the ambiance and more than likely post how they felt ripped off, taken advantage or not thanked for their attendance. I, unfortunately, will not be able to attend given the distance to PP but thank you for the generous offer.
Sidewalker
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by Sidewalker »

God wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:15 pm
Username Taken wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 1:01 pm My mum told me it's not a good idea to meet up with people you meet online.

If I were you I would be more worried about God turning up.
That will never happen, so, no worries at all. :beer3:
There are people who cannot imagine that there are other ways of life than their own life. :facepalm:
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Sorry, I’ll have to pass.

Wonderful bar, not a family oriented place. Definitely not Khmer friendly (coming from a local). No point in raising any more eyebrows with family and friends with them saying, and you took her where? (Fill in every bad stereotype of foreigners going through the Khmer brain.)

But now I’ve listened to the best live music in the city and seen the famous rozzieoz. And had the ‘fall from the bone’ lamb shank from Olive and Olive.

With giant puffy pita bread.

And strawberry cheesecake.

To do list accomplished.

If there’s a decent family place, not smoke filled, and at a decent time, maybe a better choice.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

We can make it a non smoking event if the majority want it. I can’t control upstairs but we can do it downstairs for sure.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

One gets back to Phnom Penh in 2 weeks. Shall have to see if SWMBO would go
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic