CEO Meetup

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cam Nivag
BANNED
Sao Tome & Principe

Re: CEO Meetup

Post by Cam Nivag »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 7:11 am Fax was making up lies just to slander people for his own amusement.
I did not see Fax's post that got deleted or what "lies" he supposedly posted. But if NKOTB is going to post a banal trip report every time he leaves the house, I think it's fair for posters to mock him if he shares that he naively took his girlfriend to certain streets, bars, and other places known for prostitution.
newkidontheblock wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:32 pm Also, I took the BTS skytrain at Nana station to explore Bangkok. Never had any desire to check out Nana plaza. Compared to the majority of keyboard warriors on CEO, I am boring as can be.
If NKOTB doesn't want people to know he checked out whore bars around Nana Plaza ("slanderous lies!") then he probably shouldn't have posted six months ago about checking out Nana Plaza and visiting whore bars in his review of Solitaire Bangkok Sukhumvit.
newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:24 am Bars are only for entertainment - watching punters try to pick up whores and vice versa.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Sorry to disappoint everyone. I didn’t go to any girl bars in Thailand. No desire plus way too busy trying to pack in all the tourist places. Managed to get to way less then half of it. Missed going to the aquarium, water taxi, and a ton of others.

Rozzieoz made Oscar’s sound so inviting (best music in town) and others confirmed that it was a Khmer lady friendly place, so I thought I’d give it a try. Granted it was way out my normal comfort zone, but ... posters are so friendly on CEO and welcoming.

I’m the eternal tourist to Cambodia. I’ll always see things with a tourist eye.

Feel free to comment. But there’s a difference between insulting my in-laws and gentle mocking.

Or better yet, instead of mocking, why not post things from a seasoned expat eye?

There’s always more than 2 sides to every story, experience, event. Why not share more and make CEO an even richer experience?
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Cam Nivag wrote:If NKOTB doesn't want people to know he checked out whore bars around Nana Plaza ("slanderous lies!") then he probably shouldn't have posted six months ago about checking out Nana Plaza and visiting whore bars in his review of Solitaire Bangkok Sukhumvit.
Sorry to be argumentative, but kindly read the review I posted. Nothing about checking out whore bars in Nana plaza. More along the lines of being suprised at not seeing any on the way to BTS sky station Nana Plaza. Saw one possible working girl on the BTS - neither coming nor going to Nana plaza. I’m not sure where all these ideas you have are coming from.

Or is this considered gentle mocking?

I did see wood carved phallic ashtrays and back rollers for sale ... at the old style Thai home stop on the way to the floating market. I was suprised that a model family home would be selling this stuff to tourists.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:21 am
Cam Nivag wrote:If NKOTB doesn't want people to know he checked out whore bars around Nana Plaza ("slanderous lies!") then he probably shouldn't have posted six months ago about checking out Nana Plaza and visiting whore bars in his review of Solitaire Bangkok Sukhumvit.
Sorry to be argumentative, but kindly read the review I posted. Nothing about checking out whore bars in Nana plaza. More along the lines of being suprised at not seeing any on the way to BTS sky station Nana Plaza. Saw one possible working girl on the BTS - neither coming nor going to Nana plaza. I’m not sure where all these ideas you have are coming from.

Or is this considered gentle mocking?

I did see wood carved phallic ashtrays and back rollers for sale ... at the old style Thai home stop on the way to the floating market. I was suprised that a model family home would be selling this stuff to tourists.
I would say writings can be seen in many ways, and posts can have many different types of reply.
I would expect the replayed post from some will have the same persons past experiences.
Such as why would you be surprised at seeing an ashtray carving of a cock!
When you say for sale to tourists! Would we read that as "western tourist", or could it be more likely to be Thai tourists.
Thai Phallic Symbol – Thailand's Divine Member.
Wooden penises known as Palad Khik.
From the representation of Shiva in Hinduism. Seen also at Buddhist temple's in Cambodia, but mainly so at Angkor.
My experience - I entered a Thai ladies house (not a working girl). In the entrance was a wooden carving of Palad Khik, "she asked me to stroke it" the stroke of good luck.
Surely you may have been surprised by your expectation of sales, but if your lady is Buddhist she would not be.
Then again another representation - sex toys are illegal in these countries, here once again, we see the Thais have cornered the market.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
dontbeasourlemon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by dontbeasourlemon »

I won't have made it to the country yet but I will be sure to come to check out the place once I do. Hopefully, there will be another one then ☺.
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

I think I’ll pass.
All this dick stroking talk is giving me the willies.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

If anyone would like to donate something for a door / raffle prize, that would be awesome.
I’m planning a few surprises for the night.

Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

The General should donate a prize of "Be a MOD for a day". Depending on who won as to who of us would be Banned.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

This Saturday night from 8pm. Please mark yourself as attending on Facebook, if you are on FB - it will help with catering.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic