Legalize Single status/Unmarried in MOFA

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Aviv199
Tourist
Israel

Legalize Single status/Unmarried in MOFA

Post by Aviv199 »

Hi, i'm from Israel and i have Khmer girlfriend, i want to complete her visa request for Israel but i need to legalize the document of single status / unmarried in MOFA Cambodia.

I tried to do it already and got refused by the MOFA, they say they will not legalize this document after they legalize 2 other documents i have needed it's even look like they scary to talk about this document of single status.

Currently the application is stuck only because of this, the Israeli government want me to bring some write details about that they not sign/legalize this document, where do you think i can get this information? does Cambodia have any writen law that state they are not signing/legalize this kind of document?

Thanks a lot for your kind help.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Legalize Single status/Unmarried in MOFA

Post by newkidontheblock »

Single status document comes from the Sangkat, not from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Ask her to go to the Sangkat to get. She needs to bring her birth certificate, passport/ID card, and family book to the Sangkat.

After she gets the Single status document she can it translate from Pyramid or some other place.

Good luck!
Aviv199
Tourist
Israel

Post by Aviv199 »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:33 am Single status document comes from the Sangkat, not from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Ask her to go to the Sangkat to get. She needs to bring her birth certificate, passport/ID card, and family book to the Sangkat.

After she gets the Single status document she can it translate from Pyramid or some other place.

Good luck!
I've been to sangkat already, she got the document from her sangkat, but any document you want to use in other country need to be legalize/signed/approved by MOFA, they not sign on this specific document for some reason, i just want to have something written that say they are not sign it.

Thank you anyway.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Have you tried getting a fixer in the MOFA? Discussed with missus and she can’t figure it out too.

Is this a marriage visa, or just a travel visa?
Aviv199
Tourist
Israel

Post by Aviv199 »

newkidontheblock wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:11 pm Have you tried getting a fixer in the MOFA? Discussed with missus and she can’t figure it out too.

Not have fixer, only Consular.
About the visa kind - there is 2 ways for couples to live in israel 1.Married 2.life together
The visa i'm making her for Israel called "life together" visa - you need all papers except married certificate instead she need to bring "single/unmarried certificate", we already bring everything and israel approve but just this last one making us trouble.
The government told me if i will have some law written i the will be ok with only a statement.

Sorry for the lack of information in the opening message.
And thanks.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

Aviv199 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:43 pm
newkidontheblock wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:11 pm Have you tried getting a fixer in the MOFA? Discussed with missus and she can’t figure it out too.

Not have fixer, only Consular.
About the visa kind - there is 2 ways for couples to live in israel 1.Married 2.life together
The visa i'm making her for Israel called "life together" visa - you need all papers except married certificate instead she need to bring "single/unmarried certificate", we already bring everything and israel approve but just this last one making us trouble.
The government told me if i will have some law written i the will be ok with only a statement.

Sorry for the lack of information in the opening message.
And thanks.
Sorry to say but you won't get them to legalize the document now days, even with a fixer. And the bad point is that there is no written law about it. It's just "unspoked" HE law which everyone is following at MOFA. We tried to get it too last year and even with connections we didn't get it. Just heard that still in 2017 it might have been possible with correct amount of tea money, but not anymore.
walkjivefly
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by walkjivefly »

Take her to Hong Kong to get married - no bullshit paperwork required - then take her to Israel as your wife. Assuming you were planning to get married eventually.....

Sent from my Mi A2 Lite using Tapatalk

PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

The MoFAIC will not notarise the "Certificate of Celibacy, Widowhood or divorce" (single status) for the purpose of Cambodian Citizens to marry abroad.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:57 pm The MoFAIC will not notarise the "Certificate of Celibacy, Widowhood or divorce" (single status) for the purpose of Cambodian Citizens to marry abroad.
or for any other purpose.

Contact you embassy or consulate in Cambodia, Thailand, or Vietnam, they should know and maybe have a way to work around it. Some countries will accept a notarized family book instead, and the ministry will notarize that document. Just don't tell them what you're going to use it for.
Aviv199
Tourist
Israel

Post by Aviv199 »

Kammekor wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 3:43 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:57 pm The MoFAIC will not notarise the "Certificate of Celibacy, Widowhood or divorce" (single status) for the purpose of Cambodian Citizens to marry abroad.
or for any other purpose.

Contact you embassy or consulate in Cambodia, Thailand, or Vietnam, they should know and maybe have a way to work around it. Some countries will accept a notarized family book instead, and the ministry will notarize that document. Just don't tell them what you're going to use it for.
The consulate of Israel in Bangkok(not have consul in Cambodia) say to me they know there is no signature about this document and make sworn statement with my girlfriend she have never been married, i give it to Israel government and still they want to make sure i cannot do sign in MOFA Cambodia, so i think maybe here i will find written law.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic