Legalize Single status/Unmarried in MOFA

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Legalize Single status/Unmarried in MOFA

Post by phuketrichard »

why not just get married in Cambodia as there is no age limit and take her to ur country as ur wife?
yea, will take a bit longer BUT....
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Aviv199 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 3:51 pm
Kammekor wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 3:43 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:57 pm The MoFAIC will not notarise the "Certificate of Celibacy, Widowhood or divorce" (single status) for the purpose of Cambodian Citizens to marry abroad.
or for any other purpose.

Contact you embassy or consulate in Cambodia, Thailand, or Vietnam, they should know and maybe have a way to work around it. Some countries will accept a notarized family book instead, and the ministry will notarize that document. Just don't tell them what you're going to use it for.
The consulate of Israel in Bangkok(not have consul in Cambodia) say to me they know there is no signature about this document and make sworn statement with my girlfriend she have never been married, i give it to Israel government and still they want to make sure i cannot do sign in MOFA Cambodia, so i think maybe here i will find written law.
Then you're stuck.

If you really want to get married you have to either marry in Cambodia or in a third country which doesn't require the document.
Aviv199
Tourist
Israel

Post by Aviv199 »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:37 pm why not just get married in Cambodia as there is no age limit and take her to ur country as ur wife?
yea, will take a bit longer BUT....
I've read the Req for married in cambodia, i'm good with everything but i'm working in israel and have really good wage and good job that i like, i can go abroad to cambodia for 10 days, sometimes in holidays for 16 days and maybe 3 weeks max.
But i read that the minimum time if all papers work perfect and there is no holidays and delays is between 32 to 50-60 days, my job will not allow me to go for so long time.

But i do planed a wedding and now that few of you mentioned it i'm thinking about getting married in Europe(place that not need too much papers) if Israeli government will not approve this document i will go for wedding solution as i planes already but make it little early.
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

Think i read somewhere that you can take a 14 day holiday in the Gambia and can get married with just your passports.
Aviv199
Tourist
Israel

Post by Aviv199 »

andy1 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:12 pm Think i read somewhere that you can take a 14 day holiday in the Gambia and can get married with just your passports.
One week in Georgia will be more than enough to finish everything and getting Married Certificate with Apostille stamp.
But i'm waiting for answer from Israel government.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:57 pm The MoFAIC will not notarise the "Certificate of Celibacy, Widowhood or divorce" (single status) for the purpose of Cambodian Citizens to marry abroad.
There is a work around for this that has been succesful for few couples. As most official papers in Cambodia states more details than they are supposed to, one can get acriminal history record from the Cambodian police. This police record also states your single status. MoFAIC will notarise this paper without a problem. And at least in Europe countries accept this as it is official record from the government stating you are not currently married.
Aviv199
Tourist
Israel

Post by Aviv199 »

rogerrabbit wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:44 pm
There is a work around for this that has been succesful for few couples. As most official papers in Cambodia states more details than they are supposed to, one can get acriminal history record from the Cambodian police. This police record also states your single status. MoFAIC will notarise this paper without a problem. And at least in Europe countries accept this as it is official record from the government stating you are not currently married.
First thank you for your response, from this writing of this post i do find work around in my case in the embassy of Israel, although after me and my wife got married in Georgia, very easy and nice, only need passport. anyway we now married with kid and living in Israel, now the only thing left to do is big party in Cambodia(i heard you cannot do something "like" wedding when you not really married in Cambodia.

Thank you!
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

^ Good to hear that things worked out for you. Thanks for the update. :thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic