Filipino English Teacher Arrested for Pedophilia on 4-Year-Old in Kandal

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Filipino English Teacher Arrested for Pedophilia on 4-Year-Old in Kandal

Post by atst »

Interesting, can understand the reluctance to sign if Cambodian, people here are quick to condemn pedos but for anyone else accused of everything hold the judicial system up as corrupt at best. :stir:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lost50 »

Amazes me how many Filipinos 'teach English', the education system in asia has no standards.

One less 'teacher', hope he gets a hefty stretch.
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

Lost50 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:04 pm Amazes me how many Filipinos 'teach English', the education system in asia has no standards.

What's that supposed to mean? Care to elaborate.
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Lost50 »

What elaboration could you possibly need? I think it's rather clear what my sentiments are.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Lost50 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:08 am What elaboration could you possibly need? I think it's rather clear what my sentiments are.
It’s not clear whether your implication is that there’s a lot of Filipinos using teaching as cover for child abuse, or whether you’re suggesting Filipinos aren’t qualified to teach English.
LoukBongThom
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by LoukBongThom »

Lost50 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:04 pm Amazes me how many Filipinos 'teach English', the education system in asia has no standards.
The US also imports grade school teachers form the Phillipines, though miniscule compared to nurses.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Amazing right? So amazing that one of their two official languages is English.
Kohker
BANNED
Austria

Post by Kohker »

[Mod edit: Filipinos] speak terrible English but they use modern slang and have lots of confidence which is enough to fool most employers.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Filipinos teach English all over the world, something Khmers don't/can't do.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

I was quite taken by this maths teacher from the Philippines teaching in the USA. Her English is, well....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic