NO JOKE HOWARD aka BRAETON HOWARD Dies in Mexico After Leaving Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

NO JOKE HOWARD aka BRAETON HOWARD Dies in Mexico After Leaving Cambodia

Post by General Mackevili »

Braeton Elwood Howard AKA No Joke Howard has reportedly died in Mexico City, after he left Cambodia. Cause of death hasn't been released, but NJH lived a pretty crazy life, so anything could have happened.

I think it's fair to say he wasn't very fond of the Cambodia forums for attention he received from time to time, so the news of his death comes as quite a shock as this is my second 'fan' that's died this week, but condolences to his family and friends nonetheless.

RIP No Joke Howard.

Here's some good images to remember him by and the video he made about his last day in Cambodia:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

'This one hurts. A good friend of mine Braeton, or known by most as "No Joke Howard" has passed away.

Last week you called me and said "something told me to check on you" right on time and I told you I had been down and dealing with panic attacks, you told me not stay focus because you see the progression and you were proud of me. It's amazing how you can meet someone for a short while and they become brothers. You did life how it should be done and did what you wanted on your terms. You were the You are a legend brother.

I'll be posting some of our old radio show episodes in your remembrance the next few days.

P. S. Don't come on my comments section saying negative things about Braeton.'

'Its with a heavy heart that I write this. Im at a loss for words right now. I knew we grew apart over the years but I always thought about you & all the memories we shared when we were younger. I can’t listen to a single Tool song without being flooded by them. I was just thinking about you last night when I learned that Tool was putting out a new album this year. I envied how you were out doing things around the world and seeing things most of us will never have the opportunity to experience. One thing I learned from you was to never care what people thought of me & its ok to be different. Just be confident about it. I’ve always carried that with me. I’m so sad that you’re gone. RIP Braeton Elwood Howard.'

ImageImage
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: NO JOKE HOWARD aka BRAETON HOWARD Dies in Mexico After Leaving Cambodia

Post by fax »

Maybe he shoved his camera in the wrong Mexican face and they dealt with him. They can be faster over there than here.

The final digression. May he rest.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

wow.
RIP
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

RIP
Bangkoktrapper
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by Bangkoktrapper »

RIP
Ravensnest
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Ravensnest »

I enjoyed his videos and thought he was interesting. Life is messy and he was not afraid to bear everything in his life with others. That takes a lot of guts.
RIP.
Still here, in country...
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

This is what I always say

Just sent Gen Mac a pvt mes about my inclusion in the darknet ..
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
SiemReaper1
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SiemReaper1 »

Rest in peace brother, you lived your life to the fullest and said and done what you liked. Takes real guts to put it all out there for the world to see.

I think it's fair to say he wasn't very fond of the Cambodia forums for attention he received

I slightly disagree with this comment, I think he used the forums to boost his YouTube channel.. smart guy. he even had a whole thread about him.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

I hung out with him 2 times 2 summers ago. Last time we messaged he said he was or was going to Mexico w his gf. I was fucking with him when he came to NYC and didn't hit me up. Still wrapping my head around this. Sad.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
dontbeasourlemon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by dontbeasourlemon »

Wow, I am sorry to hear this I watched a lot of his Cambodia episodes on YouTube and he had an interesting view always said what was on his mind. My condolences to his friends and family in this difficult time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic