I have seen a dystopian future

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Cruisemonkey
Expatriate
Vietnam

Re: I have seen a dystopian future

Post by Cruisemonkey »

I used to go to Thailand in Jan. & Feb. and July & Aug. every year... and post on ThaiVisa. Now, I do neither.
You could be next.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

expatbullshiters wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:22 pm maybe there should be an american section where they can argue amongst themselves about o so important things like being the world police and being the moral compass of the world. seems like the american posters are turning off a lot of the other posters with their bickering and quick decent into topics totally unrelated to the original post. maybe the meds. maybe you guys should instant message each other instead of making other people on here listen to your chest bumping. every freaking topic- get a room.
The OP is about dystopia. It's good to consult with the experts.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent »

seems like the american posters
roughly half of your posts address this subject, bit of pot kettle it would seem.
you are American too from your language choices?
Seasquatch
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Seasquatch »

I'm wearing a wife beater now, I'm wondering if I should be offended :chin:
------
aka Yankee Gringo Gaijin aka Seppy Yank
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Wow, I never thought that an off the cuff observation about another site could generate such a spirited discussion. Bravo.

There are always inherent conflicts between people of different backgrounds, personalities, etc. Strong mods allow the differences to blend into a lively, thought provoking, sharing of ideas, and make every posting an interesting read.

Lack of good mods does quite the opposite. Force the user to tip toe through a minefield of bickering and personal vendettas to get to the good stuff.

Being a good mod is a difficult job. Kudos to the ones on CEO.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic