Miss Sarawan

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
Miss.Sarawan
Tourist
Cambodia

Miss Sarawan

Post by Miss.Sarawan »

Please watch this video, it's a truly inspirational story!

Please support this local mum and her talented group of musicians to introduce their Cambodian sound to the rest of the world!

If you can spare some coins, you will be supporting this wonderful arts project and making one woman's dream come true, as well as showing the rest of the world what Cambodia has to offer the international music scene.

Please use the Indiegogo link to support the project and PLEASE share this link with any international or local music groups on Facebook etc, cultural groups, international Khmer communities or anyone else you think may be interested in supporting this wonderful project.

The Suk Straggler
BANNED

Re: Miss Sarawan

Post by The Suk Straggler »

It sounds like 3 of the 5 members of the Miss Sarawan band are . . . white guys.

I would not donate to a band of mostly white men to make an album.

If there are profits . . . how much of that goes to the foreigners and how much to the two Cambodians in the band?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

The Suk Straggler wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:59 am It sounds like 3 of the 5 members of the Miss Sarawan band are . . . white guys.

If there are profits . . . how much of that goes to the foreigners and how much to the two Cambodians in the band?
Not to rain on her parade but yeah. I thought she was shacked up with that Joe Wrigley dude.

This makes it sounds like she's all by her lonesome in this big scary music industry.
Miss.Sarawan wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:01 am making one woman's dream come true
A little more transparency would be cool. Regardless, best of luck to her.
fax
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by fax »

If I had my professional picture taken with a guitar I would not want the camera to see my fingers because then anyone could see that I can't play guitar.

Why are both her hands hidden in the picture? That giant leaf makes it look hidden on purpose. Just move the camera dude there's a big plant blocking your view where you're standing.

Surely a musician wouldn't pose with an instrument she can't play?
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Brody wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 12:24 pm
The Suk Straggler wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 11:59 am It sounds like 3 of the 5 members of the Miss Sarawan band are . . . white guys.

Not to rain on her parade but yeah. I thought she was shacked up with that Joe Wrigley dude.

This makes it sounds like she's all by her lonesome in this big scary music industry.
Miss.Sarawan wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 9:01 am making one woman's dream come true
A little more transparency would be cool. Regardless, best of luck to her.
I guess, 60 road is five hundred bucks a day which is $2k including the staff, so presumably the mixing people? the other $7k is

"As well as studio and production costs, Our target of $9,000 dollars will also cover travel, design, printing and marketing and all of the budget items traditionally covered by a record label."

I wish her well, have seen the odd show and agree a great voice, I'd be interested in owning the album and maybe even contributing, but with my limited knowledge, the PP music scene is small, she is well known, the guerrilla marketing people can do these days on Social Media is cheap to reach a wider audience. A proper cost breakdown would be good as I suspect the lions share is for the barang guys time and beer.
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

fax wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 1:09 pm If I had my professional picture taken with a guitar I would not want the camera to see my fingers because then anyone could see that I can't play guitar.

Why are both her hands hidden in the picture? That giant leaf makes it look hidden on purpose. Just move the camera dude there's a big plant blocking your view where you're standing.

Surely a musician wouldn't pose with an instrument she can't play?
also too much schicky micky around her head and hair.......
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

I would not donate to a band of mostly any men to make an album.

If there are profits . . . how much of that goes to booze and how much to weed in the band?
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

link is broken, great marketing!

have you heard of this emerging site, YouTube?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic