May 2019 Fake $100 bills from *** ATM AND NO THEY WILL NOT BULLY ME!

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
Splashback
Expatriate
Posts: 104
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:41 pm
Reputation: 44
Australia

Re: May 2019 Fake $100 bills from *** ATM AND NO THEY WILL NOT BULLY ME!

Post by Splashback » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:07 am

jonathan.waller wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:10 am
It actually happened to me on Sunday 21 July at a vattanac bank atm inside a smile grocery store.
Also had copy written on it.

Cant believe it happened but it did.
They guy was telling the truth.
And what happened? Did they check the footage and were you reimbursed? Were they reluctant to swap it for a new one? Did they say it happens on occasion? Was it a hundred?
User avatar
Kammekor
Expatriate
Posts: 2606
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:50 pm
Reputation: 951
Cambodia

Re: May 2019 Fake $100 bills from *** ATM AND NO THEY WILL NOT BULLY ME!

Post by Kammekor » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:40 am

jonathan.waller wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:10 am
It actually happened to me on Sunday 21 July at a vattanac bank atm inside a smile grocery store.
Also had copy written on it.

Cant believe it happened but it did.
They guy was telling the truth.
Let me guess, you only found out a few hours later when you tried to spend to bills.
ressl
Tourist
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:07 pm
Reputation: 12
Contact:
Germany

Re: May 2019 Fake $100 bills from *** ATM AND NO THEY WILL NOT BULLY ME!

Post by ressl » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:18 am

I'm a traveling software developer, all around tech guy.
[qoute]
3 vpn's and TOR and posting to this site.[/quote]
Impressive. Could you please tell me, how you set up those 3 tunnels behind each other without having any traceable relation with the exit nodes in between?
User avatar
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate
Posts: 3235
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 7:32 pm
Reputation: 561

Re: May 2019 Fake $100 bills from *** ATM AND NO THEY WILL NOT BULLY ME!

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:57 pm

Kammekor wrote:
jonathan.waller wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:10 am
It actually happened to me on Sunday 21 July at a vattanac bank atm inside a smile grocery store.
Also had copy written on it.

Cant believe it happened but it did.
They guy was telling the truth.
Let me guess, you only found out a few hours later when you tried to spend to bills.
Yep... Visited ten places, checked the next morning and I had fakes. Unbelievable!
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
User avatar
Kammekor
Expatriate
Posts: 2606
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:50 pm
Reputation: 951
Cambodia

Re: May 2019 Fake $100 bills from *** ATM AND NO THEY WILL NOT BULLY ME!

Post by Kammekor » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:12 pm

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:57 pm
Kammekor wrote:
jonathan.waller wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:10 am
It actually happened to me on Sunday 21 July at a vattanac bank atm inside a smile grocery store.
Also had copy written on it.

Cant believe it happened but it did.
They guy was telling the truth.
Let me guess, you only found out a few hours later when you tried to spend to bills.
Yep... Visited ten places, checked the next morning and I had fakes. Unbelievable!
He’s not the first, and won’t be the last. Last Friday I bumped into a foreigner at minimart on the corner of 136 claiming he had fakes too. They were indeed copies. His ‘gf’, a 136 regular, called to the bank to make a claim. He swore the bills had not been out of sight and only two had access to them, he and his gf. So the accusation the ATM contained copies must have been true... :facepalm:
fsdfdsdf
Expatriate
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:07 pm
Reputation: 40
Cambodia

Re: May 2019 Fake $100 bills from *** ATM AND NO THEY WILL NOT BULLY ME!

Post by fsdfdsdf » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:13 pm

encourage the use of bitcoin. i havent had fake notes from atms but have had plenty of places refuse them because of a slight tear or mark, and Ive been given a fake 10 as change by golden home in 172. its a pain having to closely look every time you get a note
User avatar
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Posts: 3079
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:31 am
Reputation: 1829
Location: Gilligan's Island
Pitcairn Island

Re: May 2019 Fake $100 bills from *** ATM AND NO THEY WILL NOT BULLY ME!

Post by SternAAlbifrons » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:24 pm

fsdfdsdf wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:13 pm
encourage the use of bitcoin. i havent had fake notes from atms but have had plenty of places refuse them because of a slight tear or mark, and Ive been given a fake 10 as change by golden home in 172. its a pain having to closely look every time you get a note
The Golden Home. i hear it is nice there. ??
User avatar
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Posts: 3079
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:31 am
Reputation: 1829
Location: Gilligan's Island
Pitcairn Island

Re: May 2019 Fake $100 bills from *** ATM AND NO THEY WILL NOT BULLY ME!

Post by SternAAlbifrons » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:47 pm

SternAAlbifrons wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:24 pm
fsdfdsdf wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:13 pm

...and Ive been given a fake 10 as change by golden home in 172.
The Golden Home. i hear it is nice there. ??
Oh!
ARTHUR FRANK STANLEY BELLUOMO American died at Golden Home Guest House, on Street 172. Meth.
21 year old Swedish backpacker John Kevin Kaya overdosed there.
In 2015 49 year old Finn Juha Tapio died there. OD
In 2016 German pedophile Udo Sabiniwicz was arrested there.

Wrong place, sorry.
:ROFL:
SteveKusch
Tourist
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:46 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: May 2019 Fake $100 bills from *** ATM AND NO THEY WILL NOT BULLY ME!

Post by SteveKusch » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:32 pm

Thank you for your post I withdrew $300 two were authentic one was a counterfeit and it had the word copy on it
I didn't find out until Friday night it was a fake I didn't even think about looking at the money it was a ATM right outside the bank bank of Cambodia I'm hoping I can go Monday showing the receipt I'm not expecting them to do a refund I emailed my bank I hope they can investigate this
User avatar
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
Posts: 3062
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:25 am
Reputation: 953
New Zealand

Re: May 2019 Fake $100 bills from *** ATM AND NO THEY WILL NOT BULLY ME!

Post by PSD-Kiwi » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:56 pm

SteveKusch wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:32 pm
Thank you for your post I withdrew $300 two were authentic one was a counterfeit and it had the word copy on it
I didn't find out until Friday night it was a fake I didn't even think about looking at the money it was a ATM right outside the bank bank of Cambodia I'm hoping I can go Monday showing the receipt I'm not expecting them to do a refund I emailed my bank I hope they can investigate this
:BangHead: Where did you go between the time you withdrew the money from the ATM and the time you realised you had a copy bill??? All these claims lately, by foreigners, about receiving fake money from ATMs are a load of BS!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alex, Google [Bot], Jamie_Lambo, John Bingham, Province, SEAdude and 321 guests