If someone previously died in your Room Rental/Apartment rental.

This is a part of our Cambodia forums to chat about anything Cambodia-related. This discussion forum is at the top of our site because it's usually the busiest part of the expat community chatter with random topics on just about everything, including expat life, Khmer politics, Cambodian blogs we have or have come across, or whatever else our members want to discuss. Whether you're an expatriate, tourist, Cambodian or random traveler just passing through South East Asia, you are welcome to talk about anything or start new topics yourselves.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: If someone previously died in your Room Rental/Apartment rental.

Post by xandreu » Sun May 12, 2019 2:52 am

Considering that modern humans have been around for 200,000 years, there probably aren't many spaces left where nobody has ever died before. There are fragments of human bones underneath your every step and every building you've ever been in. Or is only recent deaths that count? If so, how recent? What's the cut-off point when ghosts can retire? Or does it only count if it happened in a room? If so, why? Why would a spirit be contained within a man-made clay structure?

Some people watched far too much Scooby-Doo when they were kids.
frank lee bent
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by frank lee bent » Sun May 12, 2019 3:31 am

If ya can't smell em it don't count
Pro tip Abt getting rid of girls though.
Just a few years late for me.
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise » Sun May 12, 2019 5:06 am

cptrelentless wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:58 am
ofparadise wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 10:40 pm
I'd rather not ask and know if stuff went down. but i also accept that there's a high chance of a death in the home, especially if it's an old property, in an old estate.

my usual housewarming includes...

a talk alone in the house to "whomever is in there" to not bother me, some prayers, and lots of incense to change the smell of the house, and I'll cook heavy smelling stuff for days for that same reason.

As long as i can relate to the smell of the place, I feel it's home.
My house warming involves farting copiously, if the spirits can stand this then they and I can live together. I've looped a rope around my wife's leg so she's not going anywhere.
Dang.. yea. That's a primal territory marking tool... why didn't i think of that?
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly » Sun May 12, 2019 10:32 am

I used to stay at a mates place in Perth that had two poldergeists so ghosts don’t worry me. A lot of people fled that house in a panic though.
I bought an apartment here years ago and when I began renovating I saw a ghost every day, usually in the bedroom. After the renovation was complete I never saw her again.
Later I asked my neighbour about it and he told me the old Italian lady died in the bedroom.
dontbeasourlemon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by dontbeasourlemon » Fri May 17, 2019 4:35 am

If it was a natural death non-horrifying death with no "body ooze" that's fine. Though after reading this thread though I'm going to have nightmares about furniture leaking body ooze. Anything else ooze, flesh-eating diseases, serial killer lair I am out of there.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic