Suspected Murder Victim Found Lying on Sihanoukville Street

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: Suspected Murder Victim Found Lying on Sihanoukville Street

Post by cptrelentless »

Username Taken wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:54 pm
davegorman wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:35 pm
DaveG wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:08 pm I don't understand Khmer, just watched the full footage and surveillance , who is doing the surveillance, did they know this was going to happen. Confused.

No Dave. It’s a smartphone recording of CCTV footage. Duh.

Dave G. Are you my sock or am I yours?
I suspect you may be wrong there. Did you watch the video? Why is the camera trained on the guy as he walks down the road? Then follows the car etc.?
That's obviously cameraphone footage of a cctv console, you can see the different feed names (3rd floor etc) in the control software pop into view on the right. You need the right lead to rip the the video off the harddrive and a laptop/computer of some sort
RickyBobby
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by RickyBobby »

Hardly well planned. Weird.
"Dear Lord Baby Jesus, Lyin in a Manger"
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:55 pm that was quick

Choung Narin, the provincial police commissioner, told Fresh News that there was a case in point, a suspicion caused by the same Chinese man shot by a car in front of the Sand Hotel but he did not. Still not sure why, claiming to ask. Police in Preah Sihanouk province have arrested two Chinese nationals immediately after this

http://khmertopnews.com/19186/?fbclid=I ... IdD6l4qkGs
Who the fuck is writing this? Because it makes no sense.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

goggle translate lol
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Tarndog wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:31 pm How does one go about getting a gun into Cambodia? Unless the perp was Khmer, of course.
I reckon (and I’m not boasting) I could get a gun if I wanted.
I’d probably shoot myself in the foot but I could get one.

I don’t want one just to be clear.
Tarndog
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Tarndog »

davegorman wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 10:07 am
Tarndog wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 6:31 pm How does one go about getting a gun into Cambodia? Unless the perp was Khmer, of course.
I reckon (and I’m not boasting) I could get a gun if I wanted.
I’d probably shoot myself in the foot but I could get one.

I don’t want one just to be clear.
Ex- military guys might have an easier time getting one (in), too.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Must have been an accident - why would you whack somebody whilst stuck in traffic and bumper to bumper with a tuk-tuk?! From the bystander reaction he was clearly shot at that moment, and not just dumped at that moment.

Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Must have panicked.

Car had tinted windows. Would have made more sense to drive away without dropping a bleeding corpse into the road.
prahokpizza
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by prahokpizza »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:58 am Must have panicked.

Car had tinted windows. Would have made more sense to drive away without dropping a bleeding corpse into the road.
In fairness if you watch the video closely it looks like the victim opened the door himself in an attempt to escape (likely after seeing the gun). It looks like he's shot during this escape attempt and after he falls to the floor if you look closely you can see the blood start to stream out of his head.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Unusually, the victim and the suspects have still not been named.

May 7, 2019
Two Chinese arrested over fatal shooting in Sihanoukville
Preah Sihanouk provincial police yesterday arrested two Chinese nationals suspected of fatally shooting a countryman in Sihanoukville.

Major General Chuon Narin, provincial police chief, said that the shooting took place at about 3.30pm yesterday in front of a hotel in Buon commune.

“We arrested the two Chinese nationals over the murder,” he said. “They are now being questioned at the provincial police headquarters.”
Maj Gen Narin declined to name the suspects or the victim because investigations were ongoing.

CCTV footage from the hotel showed the suspects in a SUV stopping and throwing the victim’s body outside after he had been shot. They then drove off.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50601321/t ... hooting-2/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic