EMERGENCY - Key broken in lock...

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

EMERGENCY - Key broken in lock...

Post by Doc67 »

Came in, went to lock door behind me and saw only half a key. Bugger...

Lock still works from the outside, from inside just the single bolts latch lock.

Anyone know of a shop near street 23 that sells locks and can fit them?

I also have some superglue. I was thinking of putting some on the end of the key, putting it in the lock, waiting for 20 seconds and then easing it out. Is this a good idea and a very stupid one? Anyone with experience in these matters?
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: EMERGENCY - Key broken in lock...

Post by rozzieoz »

Please video the superglue “fix!”
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Bubble T
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bubble T »

I fully agree, the superglue sounds like a great idea. Just squirt half a tube into the keyhole, put what remains of your key firmly inside, then wait a couple of minutes. Be sure to record the whole thing and post it here so we can help if you have any further issues.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I'm gonna get a guy round tomorrow. But i will try my idea and film it. It's gonma be humble pie time for someone...

And recommendations as to a good lock guy?
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Buy new lock/handle assembly -preferably one with similar screw and latch placements. Unscrew existing lock/handle assembly. Replace with new one.

If I can do it, anyone can.

You can buy them at Kandal market. Maybe at psah Chas
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
logos
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by logos »

The glue is a terrific idea. Film and send it to Rowan Atkinson for his next sketch, you might get rich on the royalties.

Then when you're done do what Violet suggests. Even she can get it right sometimes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic